TRITON TR 20 X HP BIG WAVE SETUPS

Good evening I have recently bought in Italy a triton tr 20 x hp with an 8 inch hydraulic jack plate bob's machine and a yamaha v max 250 hp propeller fury 4 blades step 24, my problem is that I fish in lake garda and there there are often many waves and with this boat I can't navigate because the dolphin boat, so I moved some batteries in the front locker to give more weight to the bow and things are a little better .... can you advise me which propeller to use and how to do it you to navigate in these situations?
    thanks greetings andrea

2. Member
    Bravo xs 25 or 26. Your talking about the boat porpoising. Lowering the plate and using less trim usually does it by letting the bow cut the wave first and not letting the boat hull slap the waves.

3. Member
    That’s not a bad prop that you have for rough water. No offense meant,but it might be your driving. You need some more seat time maybe. In big waves,you should the jack plate all the way down and use very little trim,let the bow cut the waves. Porpoising is usually a result of too much trim,the bow is too high. Most of all you should slow down in big waves,no bass boat can comfortably run fast in big waves. Hope this helps. I would move those batteries back to the rear,they can cause you to really stuff it into really big waves.

4. Member
    my problem is that on 40 inch waves I could not sail because the boat was too heavy in the stern and the bow was too light and therefore I got up and the boat was unable to run then with the weight in the bow and engine in negative raising the jack plate by 1 inch I can keep the bow low and make the boat hull work ....
    how do you navigate with wave?

5. Banned
    If possible I always run stright into waves that big just have to adjust speed

6. Member
    Best way...realize a bassboat is not the craft for 40" waves. Best to watch some soccer till the waves are no more then 14" imo.