Making hatch straps

I have straps on my hatches, but I had the holes already for latches. I took the L shaped latch parts off, but you could leave them on if you want. I bought a cheap set of 4 cargo ratchet straps from Harbor Fright come with about ten feet of strap on the non ratchet piece. I burned holes with a heated nail in the end a 16 inch segment and bolted it to the bolt that holds the "L" through those holes. Took the loop through the latch hole and that was it.

I did "invent" a different method. I cut a loop and passed it through the ring on top of the latch. After I heat sealed the end, I overlapped the ends about 3/4 inch and saturated the overlap area with Super Glue. I then put a piece of hard flat plastic on each side and clamped it together with vise grips. After it dried I cannot pull it apart SO FAR.

This could be a permanent way to fasten strap segments under minor loads. I bought the straps because I liked the colors, and at about $10.00 it was inexpensive.
    Last edited by billnorman1; 09-01-2020 at 09:12 AM.

2. Member
    Can you give some a pictures of your modification?
    Joe B

2017 Tracker PT 190 TX
    2017 Mercury 115 Pro XS
    Mercury Spitfire X7 19” prop
    51 mph @ 6240 rpms (RPMs from Vessel View Mobile) : full fuel tank and fishing load by myself
    4.2 second Hole Shot (measured using Vessel View Mobile)
    Engine mounted in 3rd hole
    Minn Kota Ulterra-Link w/built in MDI 80 lb thrust 60” shaft
    Humminbird Helix 12si Gen1 chirp on console
    Humminbird Helix 15si Gen4 cho on bow
    Humminbird Mega360

Dotline two step transom boarding ladder
    Tracker trailer bow boarding step

3. Member
    I have tried with no success posting pictures on this site. I'll have to try some more.

Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post
    I have tried with no success posting pictures on this site. I'll have to try some more.
    Take a look at the BatchResizer2 app. As the name implies It will resize One or a batch of Photos on your iPhone or iPad to selected sizes that can be uploaded to websites.
    There is a free version, but I recommend the paid version ($2.00) because it gives you the option to delete the old photo.
    This pic was reduced to 1024 X 737 and 159K from 1.9 M and 4005 X 1989.
    It loads as a thumbnail but can be enlarged by tapping it.

9BAFF72B-31D8-4263-B2AA-65BBD6D28DEF.jpeg

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching