06 115 Optimax Bog Down/Rough Idle

Serial Number: 1B481011

This has been going on the last two weeks:

Starts fine in the morning. Idles good going out of the no wake zone. Gets on plane fine. Top end is fine. Get to the first spot and fish for a while then try to run to the next stop. Its starts fine but when you start idling it will "Bog" down. Seems to lose RPMs then it will surge back. Shut the engine off and it will start fine and idle fine then gets on plane fine. The past three or four trips I would only have the one incident and it ran fine the rest of the day. The last time I took it out it did it on the second and third stops. Seemed worse. Bogged down worse. RPMs seemed to fluctuate when I was idling. Would drop then rev up. Once it gets on plane its fine. It seems the longer it sits between stops the worse it the idling is when I start it up. If I run it real good, then sit it down, it idles just fine. The rough idle only happens right after I start it up after its been sitting.

Very odd. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

2. Member
    I am not a mechanic but I bought new a 2007 Triton with a 115 Opti. The engine went through coils like popcorn. Turned out there was a bad batch of coils in the system that eventually were weeded out. I wonder if you have a coil or two that intermittently fails. You might contact your dealer to see if they were swapped out for good ones under warranty as mine were.

3. Member
    how old pulse pump diaphram ????? pump bulb help ?????
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

4. Member
    Both bring up good points. I have replaced two of the three coil packs on the engine. It could be the last one giving me the issue.

I am not sure how old the pulse pump diaphram is which probably means its the original one haha I pumped the bulb but it didnt seem to help. I had a hard time getting it to fill but it has never gotten really firm in the past either.

5. Member
    Ended up being another coil pack btw.

6. Member
    glad it was simple
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................