PowerPoles randomly stop working

I'm starting to haves strange problems with my PP's, to where they will work fine all day long and then when I back the boat up my driveway and go to deploy them so I can get the boat into the garage one or both will suddenly not work. This has happened now on 3 different occasions, and I'm not sure if the timing is coincidence or if perhaps the boat being on an incline has something to do with it not working only during this time.

The first time this happened it was both poles & I cut the power and turned it back on with no luck. Checked fuses and they were all fine. Eventually I got frustrated and turned them off for several minutes and came back and suddenly they both work. The second and third time this happened it was just the right side pole. After several minutes of tinkering it worked the second time. The third time nothing seemed to be working until I gave the pump a few hits with my hand and suddenly it worked. Other than this I have had zero problems since the boat was purchased new 3 years ago. These issues are all within the last month.

My only thought is perhaps it is a low voltage issue, but it's odd it would only affect one side at times and just randomly start working again. Does anyone have any insight as to what might be going on?

2. Member
    PM sent

3. Member
    I am having same problem. I just emailed Power pole customer service waiting for reply. Did you get issues fixed? If so what was it?

4. Member
    Im also having the same problem .

5. Member
    Kept happening to my 8ft model. found it was a sticky relay, when i tapped it with a screwdriver it worked again. replaced replay all good so far.

6. Member
    After contacting Power pole and following there instructions they say the circuit board might be bad so they are shipping me a new one as soon as they get in stock. Under warranty. Will update how everything goes.

7. Member
    Interesting. Mine have occasionally done this as well.
    2018 BassCat Lynx
    Mercury 300R

Beautiful Grand Lake
    Grove Oklahoma

8. Member
    Up date on problems with poles . Took my boat to dealer they cleaned all terminals checked fuses. Everything was working . Now 2 weeks later no lights blinking on top of either pump starboard side still deploys but the other one isn’t working I checked all electrical connections today . All are good. Guess my next step is to call powerpole direct. The dealer kept my boat 5 weeks didn’t check anything until I told them I was just going to pick it up and have someone else check it . Very frustrating to say the least.

9. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    First call should have been to powerpole directly. They will get you back up and running quickly.

10. Member
    I have similar problem and called PP, they were very helpful. need to get them the serial #'s