Lakes that don't draw down ?

The lake i have been to in TN draw down in winter. Do most of them? Which ones do not? Thinking of moving as we get close to retirement and would like options all year.
    Semper Fi

2. Banned
    I'd say all the "major" TVA lakes have a winter draw down... Some more drastic than other... Those that support commercial traffic probably less than others to keep the channels open... Dan

3. Member
    The lakes in East Tennessee are in the Tennessee River watershed. Go to https://www.tva.com, find the operating guides for all the watershed reservoirs and it gives you all the info you need. The Tennessee River Watershed is from east Tennessee to a bit west of Nashville, excluding the Cumberland river in north central Tennessee. You can probably find info on the others on the Army Core of Engineers site.

Woods reservoir does not. Most lakes have a draw down here but are still easily fishable
    1999 Blazer 202 pro v 200 mercury efi

5. Member
    Old hickory normally does not pull down. Occasionally they will drop 2-3’ for a couple weeks for dock repairs.

Loudon /Tellico , Watts bar , and Chick only draw down around 5 ft . Norris, Douglas, Cherokee draw down a lot more. Get the free TVA app.

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by shafer22 View Post
    Loudon /Tellico , Watts bar , and Chick only draw down around 5 ft . Norris, Douglas, Cherokee draw down a lot more. Get the free TVA app.
    Yep, Norris get drawn down about 20'-25' every winter... Dan

Melton Hill is the only lake that doesn't draw down for winter pool around this area. It does have a draw down for about 2 weeks in the spring for dock owners to make repairs
    Stroker DC21 Mercury 250 XB

9. Member
    X2 on Melton Hill. Not much of a draw down at all. Not a lot of people like it but I think it’s a great place in the winter

Nickajack doesn't draw down too much. It is mostly river, and kept pretty full for navigation. Does get pulled down when needed to hold expected rainfall to prevent flooding.

11. Member
    Cherokee and Douglas drop 30 - 35 feet in the winter but I prefer it, best fishing of the year

Just North of Tennessee, Cumberland and Green has draw downs. I like fishing then

What do you not like about the draw downs