Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Gonna have my SHO flashed, Prop Recommendations

I’m gonna be send my ECU to be flashed this week. Now the question is what prop should I be running?

Flashing from a 250 gonna have the rev limiter set to 6500, would like to consistently hit 6200-6400 rpm. Would be ecstatic to consistently run mid 70’s!

Boat: 2013 Skeeter 21i
    Current Prop is a ventless T1 25p
    prop to pad is 2.5 if I remember correctly
    Boat is dual console, poles, full tournament rig.
    Last edited by SuperSteve; 09-02-2020 at 11:08 PM.

2. Member
    No change keep current prop. 25P T1 best

3. Member
    I raised my rev limiter to 7k ran 6100 once always 6k at wot in cooler weather. 80 mph boat in cool weather stock 25 T1. Need rpms to get power

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Loomis88 View Post
    I raised my rev limiter to 7k ran 6100 once always 6k at wot in cooler weather. 80 mph boat in cool weather stock 25 T1. Need rpms to get power
    So you are running 6000 rpm now after the flash? What boat and set up if you don’t mind me asking.

5. Member
    Yes. FX20 250 SHO

I have been wondering the same thing!! Im flashing my 13 250hp sho this winter I think. Sounds like you can pick what you want your rpm's to max at? Im running at fx21 typically tourney loaded, dual console, dual poles
    Chris Shields

Quantum Fishing
    All-Terrain Tackle
    Blackfish Gear
    Power Pole
    Legit Custom Rods

7. Member
    CHEATER !!

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MCIPinkie View Post
    CHEATER !!
    How am I a cheater? Boat is rated for it, and I don’t fish any tournament circuits with a HP limit.

9. Banned
    Are you saying you are running 80 at 6000 with a 25 pitch

10. Member
    Yes in cooler weather. Twin talons two guys tanks full

11. Member
    Are you telling me you don't think flashing your ECU increases your horsepower beyond the manufacturer's allowable?

Most tournaments require not exceeding that. If you do, IMHO, you are cheating.

Probably illegal. Most jurisdictions mandate not exceeding the recommended HP. I'm certain your insurance company would not approve.

My biggest question is: WHY? Ain't 72 fast enough?

not sure about the fxi21 but my 21i class is unlimited hp my boat is actually in the shop getting a new merc 300 pro xs four stroke on it now

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MCIPinkie View Post
    Are you telling me you don't think flashing your ECU increases your horsepower beyond the manufacturer's allowable?

Most tournaments require not exceeding that. If you do, IMHO, you are cheating.

Probably illegal. Most jurisdictions mandate not exceeding the recommended HP. I'm certain your insurance company would not approve.

My biggest question is: WHY? Ain't 72 fast enough?

I’m having the boat flashed to 300, horsepower rating is unlimited per the manufacturer.

Again I don’t fish any sanctioned tournament events that have a horsepower rating.

Insurance is fine with it, as the boat has a unlimited rating. Not sure why you are posting on this thread, and calling me a cheater.

Lots of bass boats out there with 300’s on them. Heck I’ve seen them now with the Mercury 400R on them.

To answer your question as to why, well yes I guess 72 is fast enough. But after I do this I’ll have better hole shot, better mid range, better handling and better fuel economy. The bonus will be it will run 75 if I want it too.

Maybe your Momma should have told you that if you don’t have anything nice to say, then don’t say anything.

14. Member
    How many dots on Jack plate?

15. Member
    FYI not better fuel economy...that is BS

16. Member
    I had my 225 sho flashed to 6500/300. Performance is exceptional. Some Yamahas are notorious for hitting a flat spot at the higher rpm range, mine is one of them. With that said, I’ve had mine up to 83 mph gps before adding the hydraulic jack plate on the back so who knows. I run the unvented sho t1 25 prop, same as stock and get these numbers. I asked Sean at HydroTec about re propping and said he would leave it alone. I agreed.
    Mr Pinkie from Missouri, most all tournaments are not a shotgun start anymore. You should know this. And since you need to comment and ask why, I like to run 70 mph without the need to pin the boat for all it’s worth to do so. My boat purrs like a kitten at 70-72. Just like I LIKE IT.
    2019 Ram 5.7 Hemi Limited
    Skeeter ZX225
    2 Lowrance 12” Carbons
    1 Lowrance 9” Live
    Minn Kota Ultrex
    Yamaha 225/ Hydro Tec/ 25-T1 SHO prop/ 83mph
    2-8’ Power Poles
    12” Black Atlas Jack

17. Member
    Thanks for the replies, I’m probably gonna run my prop 25 T1 up to Mark Croxton on Tuesday, and go ahead and have him repair balance and blueprint. Obviously I’m gonna ask him his thoughts also. Hopefully be able to pick the prop back up about the time my ECU gets back.

18. Member
    Save you the time I had that convo with him. 25 T1 best prop don't change. Flash it and let the dog eat

19. Member
    [. My boat purrs like a kitten at 70-72. Just like I LIKE IT.[/QUOTE]

I'm impressed with those numbers!
    As they said in Ford vs Ferrari - It's where you need it!

20. Member
    Dropped my prop off to Mark Croxton this morning. He is going to work his magic on it. He said what most said in here. Ventless 25 T1 is the way to go for the Flash with increased rev limiter. Going to blueprint and repair the prop. He also said something about the iClass needing more bow and stern lift. So he is going to work that prop accordingly. Hope to have the ECU and prop back the end of next week. I will report numbers and info after I get it back on the water.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast