Running light for Power Pole blades

Does Power Pole make a running light to mount on top of your power pole blade? I know that Russell Marine makes one. If Power Pole does not make one, who else makes one and does anyone have any experience with them?

Brad

2. Member
    I have the Russell Marine one and it works & looks OK. Only issue I had was the light covered up a portion of the power pole logo. I removed the stock logos and used the extra smaller ones that are in the box, just a little further down the pole
    Alweld 1856 Stick Steer with 70 Yamaha
    Dual Power Pole Blades/ Helix 10 MSI
    80# Ulterra Link/2 Ionic Lithium 50s/ShuttleSlide Mount

USAF Ret

3. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Power Pole does not make one no. Russell Marine products makes them, and I think there is a copy of Russell's ( not sure how they got around Russell's patent) out of metal on facebook someone was selling. I would go with the original and best Russell Marine Products.

4. Member
    I can’t think of a reason not to go with RMP

i was going to get 1 for my Blades also... my onky concern is... when you deploy the arms... the arm with the light goes down into the water? I would think that'll make the fish alil weary when seeing a light come diving down into there habitat? OR am i just thinkn to big for this product??

Fat thumbs.. it should just read... MY MAIN CONCERN IS

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kcg202champ View Post
    i was going to get 1 for my Blades also... my onky concern is... when you deploy the arms... the arm with the light goes down into the water? I would think that'll make the fish alil weary when seeing a light come diving down into there habitat? OR am i just thinkn to big for this product??
    Fish are attracted to lights in the water

8. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by kcg202champ View Post
    over thinking and light would attract baitfish baitfish attract bass.

9. Member
    Problem I see with these would be if your anchored in the dark, dawn or dusk with the poles down your not legal because the stern light could be below line of sight. Sounded like a good idea but not really practical
    Risen From The Ashes!!

10. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix919 View Post
    Problem I see with these would be if your anchored in the dark, dawn or dusk with the poles down your not legal because the stern light could be below line of sight. Sounded like a good idea but not really practical
    your pole light still works so can be used for those times. For most bass guys using it for early morning runs and waiting for blastoff it works very well..

11. Member
    Except in maybe a few rare occasions, deploying the poles during the night would not be a big issue, plus I do have the pole if I need it. I usually like to get to the ramp on tournament morning earlier than everyone else, so I move over close to the bank and deploy my poles. I guess technically I would be illegal, but I do not think it would be a major issue. I may go ahead and pull the trigger. I have half a dozen items on my boat from RMP, so I am not afraid to buy from them. Anyone know if the give a BBC discount?

12. Member
    https://hennesseyoutdoorelectronics....vigation-light

I run this one on my blade, really bright and like that it is a aluminum body.

13. Member
    You could always anchor with just one pole... assuming you have 2.....

George Brock

2015 920 Pro/XP
    2015 Mercury 250 Pro/XS
    Twin 8' Powerpole Blades