Thread: Watts Bar

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Hey guys. Thx for the info on WB. My son and I fished Monday thru 4pm on Wednesday and it was slow for numbers but we still caught some nice fish. Things really shut down for us after noon on Tuesday. Had bluebird skies and or partly cloudy with no wind the entire time! I loved the lake though and will be back. I had to go earlier than I’d have liked due to my son’s school schedule.

day one-only caught 10 bass /3 over 15” all day and none were bigger than 2lbs. All largemouth. Did caught a nice Striper which was fun. Most importantly, we found tons of bait in the back of White Creek and the big white bass were exploding the last two hours of the day. We caught more white bass than I can even count, and I’m so happy we got into them that night because they were nowhere to be found the next day for us!

tuesday-caught my first meanmouth-a3lb 3oz beautiful fish! Then caught a 4lb largemouth in the back of white creek. I noticed there was zero bait balls in the shallows in the back of white creek, which I figured meant no white bass later that day. Unfortunately, I was right as we checked back several times throughout the day and there was zero bait in the shallows and very little fish activity. Ended up with about 10 bass again but just 4 over 15”. But did catch two more big Striper! Can’t beat them blasting a topwater!

wednesday-TOUGH! Ended up with 10 bass again and 4 keepers. Lost a few hawgs though. Keepers were another nice meanmouth, a nice smallie; a 2lb largemouth and my son caught a decent Alabama Spot.

As much fun as those spots and meanmouths are, I’m guessing that’s not great news for the smallie fishery in WB. I hope I’m wrong! My son caught a few other 12” smallies throughout the trip though so that’s good.

thanks again! terrace view was perfect. We really didn’t roam much - mostly fished White Creek and the 2 mi radius just outside the creek. I can’t wait to hit it later or earlier in the year under better conditions!
    2022 Ranger z518 / 2022 Merc Pro XS 200 serial # 3B137559

Congrats on a great fishing trip! Most East TN lakes have been tough fishing later than normal for Fall. Sounds like you all made the best of it

3. Member
    I may run down there Thursday- never been. Where’s a close good ramp to launch running down 27 from ky? Also any good grass for froggin? Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12