SS prop recommendation for Javelin 17 Venom

All, just bought a 2001 Javelin 17 Venom. Has a 2001 Johnson J70PLSIS 70 HP outboard on it. Currently has a BRP 176214 14x17p aluminum prop in pretty rough shape. I want to get a SS unit to put on it. Currently motor is mounted a low as it will go and turns 5300-5500 on tach (bounces some at WOT, not sure if it's tach or just the rough water I was on). Holeshot isn't the greatest, but it's a pretty small motor on that boat too. Top speed by GPS right now is about 33.5 with my 2 boys and me and 20 gallons of gas. I'm curious if the 13.5x18p Raker (PN 763953) or the 13 7/8x17p Viper (pn: 763930) props would be a good choice. Not sure if I need to change pitch when going from AL to SS. I've looked at the Solas Titan wheels but they don't seem to have a great reputation. I've ran Rakers and Renegades on past boats with great success. I looked over the setups and Javelin page but haven't seen anyone with this odd combo of hull and motor. Appreciate any feedback you folks provide.

2. Member
    Since I didn't get any feedback, i punted and bought the 13 7/8x17p viper. Picked up 3-4 MPH and 2-3 seconds faster on plane while keeping nearly same RPMs.

3. Banned
    very hard to diagnose a under rated boat on the internet.

Did the tach stop bouncing with the new prop?

Sounds like you hit a home run on the prop.

4. Member
    Tach is still bouncing. It may need to be replaced. Gets a low oil alarm on it and VRO has been deleted. Definitely doest sound any different on the top end but definitely performs much better. Can't wait to take it out solo and see the real gains.

5. Member
    If the vro is deleted and your certain it's a low oil alarm all you need to do is disconnect the alarm for the vro. If memory serves me correct it should be a tan wire with black stripe