Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    For $100, Pflueger Supreme is hard to beat. A bit more, you can get the Supreme XT. Always 30 size for me. I have to use a spinning rod a lot because of all the smallmouth fishing, but I still prefer casting.
    2001 Champion 187 Yamaha 175
    12' Talons, Lithiums and Garmins
    All pulled by a Hemi

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kcg202champ View Post
    Ain't no love for the Quantum SMOKE 25 or 30 size reels... they are super light, great drag, and smooth as butter.
    Probably be able to get a couple for the price he mentioned up above

I'm currently runnings three smokes. Two 30's and one 25, I have been really happy with them. I'm in need of adding two spinning reels and am considering the BG or the new Okuma ITX.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronzefly View Post
    Daiwa Fuego LT...
    Great reel. Even though the LT stands for light and they are light, I found out yesterday they will not float a St Croix rod

4. Member
    Pretty common for guys to cheap out on spinning tackle. I got 4 daiwa whisker SS reels back in 1991. These were the deal back then. I am still using them. Very light, great drag. The 1300ss is super light. Little clunky in the anti reverse area but I have no issue with that. Me and my partner both used them. When we heard the "clunk", time to get the net!! These are still on ebay a lot but the prices for them are a bit crazy. Never used a 700ss, always wanted one. I got a 1600ss that is a bit heavier, almost light saltwater, caught a lot of fish on it in 30 yrs!!
    This summer and fall I bought 4 daiwa emblem reels on ebay. Maybe 125$ for the 4. These reels are really nice. I've used some of the newer reels but nothing has really impressed me. I'll stick with my old ones.
    I really was trying to upgrade my spinning gear this year, since I don't fish tournaments anymore. I think I am all set for next year, wanna try some fireline on spinning rod, gotta get some 8# and 14#.
    I buy 95% of my fishing stuff on EBay or the swap and sale board. Great way to save money... There is a very high end reel on ebay right now, just sitting there for $40... Bad pictures, guy doesn't know what he's got.... I might get drunk today and bid.
    2019 Alumacraft 14.5 escape tiller "child support"
    2018 Ford fiesta "pistachio"
    1992 kawasaki zx11 "legend"

5. Member
    Daiwa BG. I own 2 of them. Smooth all the way around including drag. Awesome reels!

6. Member
    I’d go Daiwa all the way. I used to be a die hard Pfleuger man and figured I would go to the grave buying them and recommended them to all. The last 3 I bought had bent spool shafts or gear issues and I don’t mean a little. I heard through the grapevine they have changed at the company level and quality suffered which is a shame if true. While I still love my dozen or so old ones, I have since bought several Daiwas and have zero issues. Now I’m a die hard Diawa man (for now).
    I like Big Bass, I cannot lie

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quillback View Post
    Or splurge and get the President XT. The cork handle alone makes it worth the extra $20.

I'm waiting on the Shimano Vanford (I really wish they would rename it).
    I just pick-up 2 President XT Limited Edition 3500 reels at BPS. The only thing I see is the wooden handle ,that's different.
    Going to just put a reel grip on it and call it a day .
    On sale for $49.97.

8. Member
    I’d also suggest a quantum smoke. Also a Pflueger Supreme.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12