Thread: Here she is!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Here she is!

IMG_5553.JPGIMG_5554.JPGIMG_5556.JPGIMG_5562.JPGIMG_5573.JPGIMG_5578.JPGIMG_5581.JPGIMG_5574.JPGVZPB9006.JPGWe got to pick up our AVX1880 at Branson West Marine Friday afternoon! Got out on Table Rock and got a few hours in on the break in Friday afternoon/evening. Took her back out early Saturday morning and played around a little until a monster storm blew in and caught was up a creek arm. Unbelievable how well this boat handled the wind/waves. Wish I had a picture or GoPro video of how rough it got. We had to seek shelter in a random dock when the lightning and very heavy rain came in after the initial gust front. Still got a lot to learn with what all the graphs and the Ultrex will do. Got her up to over 48 by myself Saturday morning, and we ran 46 back to our slip after a break in the storm with my wife and I both in it, as well as all my gear about 3/4 full gas tank. One question I have, console graph loses depth when I star getting up to speed, I hear that is a common problem, any clues to resolve?IMG_5569.JPG(This got real, real fast! Only storm picture and it was pre-storm)
    2021 Vexus AVX 1880 Summit White
    115 Mercury ProXS
    Ultrex
    Twin HBirds
    Garmin 93
    Garmin Livescope

Oh yeah the dreaded loss of sonar, give us a photo of your transducer where its mounted.
    2019 Vexus AVX 2080
    Evinrude G2 200
    Bobs Hyd. Jackplate, Dual power poles
    Aluminum trailer, polyurea flooring

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by neo View Post
    Oh yeah the dreaded loss of sonar, give us a photo of your transducer where its mounted.
    I'll get i pic tonight and post. Thanks!
    115 Mercury ProXS
    Ultrex
    Twin HBirds
    Garmin 93
    Garmin Livescope

4. Member
    Good stuff!! Congrats on bringing your new AVX home. I have the same color. Its always a head turner, when I'm out on the water. That never gets old!!
    2019 Vexus 1880 w/ Mercury Pro-XS 115 4-stroke, MK 80lb Fortex, Twin Helix 7 Birds, Pro II PowerPole. AEguideservice.com

5. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    SCHWEEEEEEEET !

6. Member
    Congrats on the new rig!

7. Member
    Sweet!!!
    Is the graph a humminbird? If yes, you have two transducers: one for side imaging and one for high speed- they probably reversed the connections at he 'Y' cable. I had that problem on my boat... it was an easy fix.

8. Member
    IMG_5588.JPGSorry for the sun glare but here is picture of transducer for console. It is a Helix thebentpole. Where might you check for T connector and 2nd transducer?
    115 Mercury ProXS
    Ultrex
    Twin HBirds
    Garmin 93
    Garmin Livescope

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thebentpole View Post
    Sweet!!!
    Is the graph a humminbird? If yes, you have two transducers: one for side imaging and one for high speed- they probably reversed the connections at he 'Y' cable. I had that problem on my boat... it was an easy fix.
    This is incorrect information. While it is possible to hook up two transducers to a single unit with a Y cable, the standard unit and installation like the OP has only includes one transducer. This single transducer produces 2D imaging, down imaging, and side imaging (if unit is equipped with the DI and SI features).

I hear people complain a lot about losing sonar at speed. Here's the truth: ANY transducer mounted on the back of the transom will loose bottom contact at full speed. There's no way around this fact. The only way to achieve sonar reading at full speed is to mount a thru-hull transducer in the bilge compartment. This is fairly easy to do on a fiberglass boat, but when you're dealing with aluminum, it gets more complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by Screamin_Reel View Post
    This is incorrect information. While it is possible to hook up two transducers to a single unit with a Y cable, the standard unit and installation like the OP has only includes one transducer. This single transducer produces 2D imaging, down imaging, and side imaging (if unit is equipped with the DI and SI features).

I hear people complain a lot about losing sonar at speed. Here's the truth: ANY transducer mounted on the back of the transom will loose bottom contact at full speed. There's no way around this fact. The only way to achieve sonar reading at full speed is to mount a thru-hull transducer in the bilge compartment. This is fairly easy to do on a fiberglass boat, but when you're dealing with aluminum, it gets more complicated.
    This is spot on.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

11. Member
    Why would anyone want sonar/depth reading at high speeds anyway? Who knows how far behind you the reading you see is.

12. Moderator
    Nice

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cbump View Post
    Why would anyone want sonar/depth reading at high speeds anyway? Who knows how far behind you the reading you see is.
    Pretty helpful information when you cannot come off the plane when one is on skinny water.
    2019 Vexus 1880 w/ Mercury Pro-XS 115 4-stroke, MK 80lb Fortex, Twin Helix 7 Birds, Pro II PowerPole. AEguideservice.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lou22 View Post
    Pretty helpful information when you cannot come off the plane when one is on skinny water.
    Call me silly but I would never be on plane in shallow water.

They do make in hull transducers for aluminum boats but don’t have any experience with them. Might be something to look into.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

Quote Originally Posted by MarkG52 View Post
    IMG_5588.JPGSorry for t
    he sun glare but here is picture of transducer for console. It is a Helix thebentpole. Where might you check for T connector and 2nd transducer?
    The transducer location looks pretty good to me.
    There is a youtube video of someone who uses coins and a level on the water to determine how to obtain good readings.
    It has helped me i lose sonar about 50ish mph.
    Some of us who bought these boats early on our transducer`s were mounted crooked.
    2019 Vexus AVX 2080
    Evinrude G2 200
    Bobs Hyd. Jackplate, Dual power poles
    Aluminum trailer, polyurea flooring

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Screamin_Reel View Post

So here is how my 1880 is setup:
    Helix 10 Mega SI with "Y" cable and a 2D transducer mounted on the transom. I never lose bottom contact in 2D. If you look at the wire schematic for the "Y" cable it will explain how it works. In short, there are several wires and it splits off the two that go to the 2D transducer. Your big SI combo transducer will no longer read 2D and the other 2D transducer will. You can confirm this by looking in your setup for accessories on the Bird. It will list both transducers. The nice thing about the Bird is it figures it all out by itself.
    2020 VEXUS 1880 Victor Red
    Merc 115 HP Pro XS
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80 I-Link MDI
    Helix 10 MEGA+ MSI
    Helix 9 x 2 MEGA+ MDI
    Live Image FFS
    2021 Aluminum Trailer
    10' Talons w/sandwich brackets

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ifishinxs View Post
    Call me silly but I would never be on plane in shallow water.

They do make in hull transducers for aluminum boats but don’t have any experience with them. Might be something to look into.
    Pretty common in my neck of the woods, these AVX do really well in the shallow stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by KennyVexus View Post
    So here is how my 1880 is setup:
    Helix 10 Mega SI with "Y" cable and a 2D transducer mounted on the transom. I never lose bottom contact in 2D. If you look at the wire schematic for the "Y" cable it will explain how it works. In short, there are several wires and it splits off the two that go to the 2D transducer. Your big SI combo transducer will no longer read 2D and the other 2D transducer will. You can confirm this by looking in your setup for accessories on the Bird. It will list both transducers. The nice thing about the Bird is it figures it all out by itself.
    So you have 2 transducers? I Would like to see were they are located. Typically in a 2 transducer set up you have a transom Mounted transducer and an in hull transducer epoxied into the hull near the stern. Hence the Y cable. The in hull is 2D only and will work at speed. The transom mounted transducer does 2D and side imaging. Typically they don’t work well at speed. Just wondering if you have an in hull ducer. If so I’ll need make model and serial number because I’ll put one in my boat.

19. Member
    Nice boat!!! I know that tundra doesn't even know it's back there when towing. That v8 in the tundra pulls like a beast.

20. Member
    So your the guy who bought the boat I was looking at in Branson West. ��
    nice boat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast