Thread: Here she is!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jsr View Post
    So your the guy who bought the boat I was looking at in Branson West. ��
    nice boat.
    I was shocked they put it on their website since I had it built! Granted they put it up as "pending", which I guess technically it was....
    2021 Vexus AVX 1880 Summit White
    115 Mercury ProXS
    Ultrex
    Twin HBirds
    Garmin 93
    Garmin Livescope

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkG52 View Post
    I was shocked they put it on their website since I had it built! Granted they put it up as "pending", which I guess technically it was....
    when I was there he told me it was sold and you were coming to get it. I really like the white.

Mark,
    They put your boat up for sale before you picked it up! That’s funny since you ordered it. Good way to get exposure before you picked it up.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jsr View Post
    when I was there he told me it was sold and you were coming to get it. I really like the white.
    115 Mercury ProXS
    Ultrex
    Twin HBirds
    Garmin 93
    Garmin Livescope

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ifishinxs View Post
    Mark,
    They put your boat up for sale before you picked it up! That’s funny since you ordered it. Good way to get exposure before you picked it up.
    115 Mercury ProXS
    Ultrex
    Twin HBirds
    Garmin 93
    Garmin Livescope

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chatabass View Post
    Nice boat!!! I know that tundra doesn't even know it's back there when towing. That v8 in the tundra pulls like a beast.
    Thanks! Tundra is a beast!
    115 Mercury ProXS
    Ultrex
    Twin HBirds
    Garmin 93
    Garmin Livescope

7. Member
    I was always taught that the port side of the boat is not recomended due to the upward wash of the prop may interfere with the signal.
    Last edited by sooner magic; 10-01-2020 at 08:47 AM.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ifishinxs View Post
    So you have 2 transducers? I Would like to see were they are located. Typically in a 2 transducer set up you have a transom Mounted transducer and an in hull transducer epoxied into the hull near the stern. Hence the Y cable. The in hull is 2D only and will work at speed. The transom mounted transducer does 2D and side imaging. Typically they don’t work well at speed. Just wondering if you have an in hull ducer. If so I’ll need make model and serial number because I’ll put one in my boat.
    I am not aware of a shoot through aluminum transducer. Here is the installation guide for the 2D - https://humminbird.johnsonoutdoors.c...PKU_532314.pdf
    Y Cable needed: https://humminbird.johnsonoutdoors.c...splitter-cable
    2020 VEXUS 1880 Victor Red
    Merc 115 HP Pro XS
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80 I-Link MDI
    Helix 10 MEGA+ MSI
    Helix 9 x 2 MEGA+ MDI
    Live Image FFS
    2021 Aluminum Trailer
    10' Talons w/sandwich brackets

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KennyVexus View Post
    I am not aware of a shoot through aluminum transducer. Here is the installation guide for the 2D - https://humminbird.johnsonoutdoors.c...PKU_532314.pdf
    Y Cable needed: https://humminbird.johnsonoutdoors.c...splitter-cable
    It clearly states not to install transducer exactly where mine is installed. Hummmm.....
    115 Mercury ProXS
    Ultrex
    Twin HBirds
    Garmin 93
    Garmin Livescope

10. Member
    Congrats and good luck.

Mark, nice boat! Congratulations.

Im also digging the Mayfly in the garage. I wanted that color when I bought mine but couldn’t find one anywhere.

And a big for repping the No Pebble sticker.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEasy View Post
    Mark, nice boat! Congratulations.

Im also digging the Mayfly in the garage. I wanted that color when I bought mine but couldn’t find one anywhere.

And a big for repping the No Pebble sticker.
    115 Mercury ProXS
    Ultrex
    Twin HBirds
    Garmin 93
    Garmin Livescope

It clearly states not to install transducer exactly where mine is installed. Hummmm.....
    Mine was installed as yours but mine is lowrance.
    2019 Vexus AVX 2080
    Evinrude G2 200
    Bobs Hyd. Jackplate, Dual power poles
    Aluminum trailer, polyurea flooring

14. Member
    Update: One day last week I removed the transom transducer from the block that is screwed into the transom. Much to my surprise the block was all the way up in the slots. Loosened screws, lowered it all the way down, eyeball leveled, put transducer back on. (Note: sealed up the initial 3rd screw hole before making adjustments and did not tap another 3rd hole that locks transducer to transom.) Moving on: Took the boat out fishing Saturday and had 2D depths up to at least 40 mph! Out again Sunday afternoon and it was holding in lower 40's. Super stoked over this. Emailed Vexus yesterday of my discovery but no response yet.
    115 Mercury ProXS
    Ultrex
    Twin HBirds
    Garmin 93
    Garmin Livescope

15. Member
    Update: One day last week I removed the transom transducer from the block that is screwed into the transom. Much to my surprise the block was all the way up in the slots. Loosened screws, lowered it all the way down, eyeball leveled, put transducer back on. (Note: sealed up the initial 3rd screw hole before making adjustments and did not tap another 3rd hole that locks transducer to transom.) Moving on: Took the boat out fishing Saturday and had 2D depths up to at least 40 mph! Out again Sunday afternoon and it was holding in lower 40's. Super stoked over this. Emailed Vexus yesterday of my discovery but no response yet.
    Good to hear Mark. I will keep this in mind when they are mounting mine.

16. Member
    Nice boat! Love the family photo! I know ya’ll are going to enjoy that third seat.

My boat has always lost the depth at speed. We aren’t in shallow water on plane often, and depend on the awesome LakeMaster chip to stay away from danger. It’s a must have on any boat with a Humminbird graph. Enjoy your new rig!
    white Vexus AVX 1980 - white Evinrude G2 150hp HO

17. Member
    my transducer was mounted in a similar fashion on port side. After I straightened and lowered it, i'm getting depth on plane and WOT. I've since added a different graph, but mounted it starboard side, and still able to get depth on plane. If the transducer is mounted just lower than the hull, you should get depth on plane, provided you have clean water from the hull. Starboard side is preferred and have not figured out why they mount them port side.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12