Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    As a shareholder, I never have liked it when a company has a great run, announces a split (to make the share price more marketable) and then subsequently releases more shares, basically diluting share value of existing shares. Time will tell if this is the end of the run, it sure looks that way. Also, how can valuation ever be accurate if a company is being subsidized by the US government?

2. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by basssj View Post
    As a shareholder, I never have liked it when a company has a great run, announces a split (to make the share price more marketable) and then subsequently releases more shares, basically diluting share value of existing shares. Time will tell if this is the end of the run, it sure looks that way. Also, how can valuation ever be accurate if a company is being subsidized by the US government?

If gov't subsidies make valuation inaccurate, then I guess you have a hard time with possibly half the entire S&P. Energy companies, industrial companies, car manufacturers, pharma companies, communication companies. Are there any companies that don't get something from the gov't?

I would expect them to raise more cash. They should have raised 10 billion. And personally I think TSLA will have a trillion dollar market company in 5-8 years and a 2 trillion soon after.
    Thanos was the hero

3. Member
    Tesla and all of the cars say they will run 500 mi on a single charge. How far with the ac. or heater on .

4. Official Lip Ripper' haftafish22's Avatar
    Jeezzzzz still a freight train. Loved how they blew up weekly options end of day. *******s manipulating the hell out of it.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by haftafish22 View Post
    Jeezzzzz still a freight train. Loved how they blew up weekly options end of day. *******s manipulating the hell out of it.
    It's crazy. I still don't understand it

6. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassmaster96 View Post
    It's crazy. I still don't understand it

What don't you understand?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    What don't you understand?
    The valuation mainly. Granted, I haven't looked at it very close in a while

8. Official Lip Ripper' haftafish22's Avatar
    I’m not saying what they have going and their future will not be bright... but that mcap? Really? I agree with bassmaster96, I don’t get it, not sure I ever will. That being said, something like 120b in cash traded Friday. Craziness. I feel like it’s a couple of things but the biggest one, it’s becoming a cult stock like many others. Either way, the better the option scalps and day trading.

9. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    I didn't understand until a few months ago. I will try to explain it with ideas and future earnings potential that I have either thought of myself or, and most likely, I read something from someone else.

First, stop thinking TSLA as a car company. They are a tech company that sells cars. You never thought of AAPL as a phone company, AAPL is a tech company that sells phones, but then turned those phones into access to peoples lives where they can sell many other things. If AAPL can reach a $2 trillion market cap by selling phones and turning them into multiple revenue streams, what do you think a tech company that sells cars can do. I forget who said it, probably Kathy from ARK investments, but TSLA today is at the same place where AAPL was when they started selling the Iphone.

The car has started rolling out FSD, full self driving. It's still in it's beta version with expected full roll out next year. FSD will provide big revenue increases per car with the software itself and be a gateway to different services that are closer than many think. Uber will be in trouble in 5 to 10 years. The car will be able to make money itself with the help of a human driver or by itself. No other car company or tech company is anywhere close to TSLA battery tech and FSD tech.

But not only does TSLA sell the best EV car, and will be the best EV car for another 10 years, they also have energy and energy storage products that have been successful on large projects, an example is what they did in Australia. TSLA's energy projects, battery cells, solar, solar roofs, battery packs, peaker plants are in it's infancy.

When people say it's expensive, they usually quote the P/E. It's at 1300 currently. Which is expensive if we cared more about the past and not the future. They are projected to make less than 500,000 cars this year. They are expected to make 750,000 next year, I think it will be 1 million. With 3-5 million in 5 years. Thats impressive growth on just the cars side.

Telsa semi, only a year out from real production. They have alot of pre-orders already. What will those revenues be and what services will they be able to sell with those semis?

Tesla cyber truck, Theres already over 30 billion dollars of orders reserved.

What will growth be on the other projects over the next 5 years?

The car is a gateway to the consumer, just like the Iphone was. The semi is a gateway into commercial trucking. Energy is a gateway into peoples homes, industrial power and every commercial building. And I'm not talking about just the US, around the globe.

When they do 2 secondary offerings on the open market and dilute at all time highs a few weeks apart raising 10 billion and the stock goes up, what does that tell you? Every dip will be shallow because buyers are waiting.

And whether you agree with it or not, the gov'ts around the world are mandating fazing out fossil fuels.

10. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Stock is still cheap IMHO. What is Full Self Driving worth?

11. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    CHOO CHOO.

I don't know when this stops or atleast slows. I have been adding a little at a time. At this point I'm hoping for an earnings miss so I can buy at better prices.

12. Member
    Kicking myself for not getting onboard this summer when it was at the $300-$400 price! Obviously missed out there, but do you think it's still a good buy now?

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    1996 175 HP Mariner - Magnum EFI
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    80 lb 24v MinnKota Maxxum
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Garmin EchoMap 106sv w/ LS
    Dual 8' Power Poles

14. Official Lip Ripper' haftafish22's Avatar
    FML

15. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bass-o-maticjm View Post
    Kicking myself for not getting onboard this summer when it was at the $300-$400 price! Obviously missed out there, but do you think it's still a good buy now?

My last add was at 650. I think it's a good buy only because I would welcome a sharp price decline. I will buy more in the near future, unfortunately probably at higher prices. I don't have a price target, I have a date target. I think by the end of 2025, we will know the full extent of TSLA's possibilities. At that point we should be well into FSD revenues, and really starting to appreciate the potential of TSLA's penetration into the multi trillion dollar energy market.

This may sound crazy but I think we will see TSLA peeker plants in major cities around the world, massive solar farms, and in many places new construction will require solar and battery systems. I think the way we produce, manage and consume energy is dramatically changing and TSLA is the leader.

I also believe that the recent buying in TSLA are fund managers buying to balance their positions because of the S&P inclusion. I'm not sure how long that will last and what happens when they're done.

I can see it going even higher with the new administration. I think there is going to be a lot of climate and environmental agenda that comes out in the next year or so that will push things like TSLA even higher.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by haftafish22 View Post
    FML
    I still can't bring myself to buy it

18. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    reports of their 25K car coming out earlier than thought. Might start production early next year

TSLA will be one of the largest companies in the world in the future - they will be way more than a car manufacturer - cutting edge tech company

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom B View Post
    TSLA will be one of the largest companies in the world in the future - they will be way more than a car manufacturer - cutting edge tech company

Someone on CNBC was talking about how they will be a major player in the utility business.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast