RangerTrail questions

When I come to a stop with my trailer and then start to tow again, there is a "clunk" coming from the trailer. I'm not sure if it's the hitch moving inside the receiver or something with the surge brakes. I'm towing an '05 Fisherman 621.

Also- what other trailer maintenance should I consider other than brakes and rotors? Any maintenance to the tongue?

2. Member
    Figured out it's the actuator. Best place to buy actuator for RangerTrail trailers- they don't carry mine anymore.

3. Member
    are you 100% sure you dont have air in the system,i would bleed them first just to make sure before buying actuator

4. Member
    It's the actuator. I've had my Ranger R83 for 20 years and everytime I restart after a stop there's a clunk. Annoying but not a problem.

5. Member
    so its really the shock and bushing on the end of the shock,right not the actuator itself,is the shock around 35.00$

6. Member
    First make sure it is properly bled.

If you decide the problem is the actuator and the trailer is 05 also, just change out the whole actuator and be money ahead in the long run.

This is where i just got mine. https://www.trailerpartsdepot.com/sh...-70lp-actuator

I had the same issue. I tried to bleed the new calipers i put on and the master cylinder would not pump to pressurize them. Was an easy replacement. Just make sure its the correct model, mine is on an 08.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

8. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Be aware that even a brand new, perfectly operating actuator has some clunking.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

Quote Originally Posted by CatFan View Post
    Be aware that even a brand new, perfectly operating actuator has some clunking.
    True, I just had mine replaced and it still clunks, just not as pronounced.

Steel City Bassmasters - Granite City, Illinois