I bought a trailer

After comparing several different kayak trailers I bought one from Com-Fab Trailers in Atlanta through their dealer SEA Trailers in Stone Mountain. They make the trailer in three different lengths for 12, 14, and 16 foot kayaks. Even though my kayaks, a Native Ultimate and a Native Slayer, are both 12 feet long I bought the 14 foot model since some of my friends that may travel with me have longer boats than mine.

For a little over $1,300 I got a galvanized trailer with 12 inch galvanized wheels and Kenda tires and a spare. I also opted for bunks since I felt that they supported the kayaks better than just the cross bars. You can see the big difference in how I had to set the bunks to support the different kayaks. The trailer came with a tongue jack and a 2" hitch ball. The hubs are Super Lube hubs with a grease fitting that operates in much the same way as a Bearing Buddy.

Too many of the trailers I saw, like the Malone, have only 8 inch wheels which I don't trust. I really like the one made by Tennessee Trailers, but it was nearly $1,000 more. I had to make a four and a half hour drive each way to pick it up, which gave me time to catch up on Bass Talk Live podcasts.

I have to go get it registered tomorrow then take it out to play.

IMG_1423.JPGIMG_1430.JPGIMG_1425.JPG
    Last edited by Olebiker; 08-31-2020 at 11:29 AM.
    Sick, tired, hungry, broke, busted, disgusted, can't be trusted, been imposed on and won't fight

2. Member
    very nice trailer cant wait to get mine
    1999 Stratos 273 Vindicator
    2000 Johnson 150hp
    Humminbird Helix 7 Si
    Humminbird Helix 5 sonar
    Bonifide SS127

enjoy but to close to the gators for me!

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"
    Own the Champ! Life Long Petty Fan!

2003 ChampioN 2006 250 Merc. XB, Prop By Mark C.
    2002 Ranger Okeechobee Special EvinRude Ficht 90 / 9.9 4-Stroke GLAD to have a Get me to the Dock motor maybe!

Nice.

5. Member
    I keep debating getting a trailer, but will likely wait until I get too old to lift the yak into the back of the pickup. I like not having to worry about the trailer and parking.

^^Same. But nice trailer all the same. Looks like you've got plenty of room to put two kayaks on there without any effort.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by 1stindoor View Post
    ^^Same. But nice trailer all the same. Looks like you've got plenty of room to put two kayaks on there without any effort.
    That's one of the big reasons I bought it. I have two kayaks, one for me and one for whichever grandchild I can get to go with me. Emptying the bed of the truck and loading two kayaks is a royal pain.
    Sick, tired, hungry, broke, busted, disgusted, can't be trusted, been imposed on and won't fight

8. Member
    Nice trailer and great price.
    I too have grandkids kayaks to drag around-which is a good thing!

9. Member
    Excellent setup!
    2021 Vexus AVX 1880 Summit White
    115 Mercury ProXS
    Ultrex
    Twin HBirds
    Garmin 93
    Garmin Livescope