Anybody Got a Dillon Relaoder

Thinking about buying a Dillon reloader. I've kicked it around from time to time but never pulled the trigger. Anybody got one or know which one would be the one to buy. Don't have to have the very best or most expensive. Not wanting to load thousands of rounds in a sitting. Just want something more than my Hornady single loader. I do want to be able to change calibers without having to totally set everything back up so want something with interchangeable shell plates.

2. Member
    I own 4 of them....3 550s and one new 750. All are terrific

Family owns 2 more 550s.

No question the 550 is the most versatile.. you can load both rifle and pistols on it from a 380 to a 30-06 length case. For pistol rounds I love the dillon. Dies. For rifles whatever your choice is..

Tons of aftermarket stuff for them.

Their no BS warranty is for real.. they dont care where you got the unit nor how it broke...

3. Member
    I have two 550s. I highly recommend a Dillon press.

4. Member
    I used a Bonanza single stage for almost 40 years (except for a brief and regrettable period with a Lee pro 1000). Always desired a Dillon but wouldn't spend the money. Finally broke down and bought a Dillon 550C this spring. I wish I had done that 30 years ago! I chose the 550 because I wanted manual indexing and the ability to load rifle calibers if I chose. No regrets, buy the Dillon.
    2018 Tracker Pro Team 190 TX
    115 Mercury Pro XS 4S

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldstar225 View Post
    I used a Bonanza single stage for almost 40 years (except for a brief and regrettable period with a Lee pro 1000). Always desired a Dillon but wouldn't spend the money. Finally broke down and bought a Dillon 550C this spring. I wish I had done that 30 years ago! I chose the 550 because I wanted manual indexing and the ability to load rifle calibers if I chose. No regrets, buy the Dillon.
    I'm thinking about the 550c for the same reasons. I want to be able to switch between handgun calibers without having to reset the dies every time also. With the Dillon it's easy if you buy the extra stuff required.

6. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    I have a 650, went up from a Square Deal B, actually 2 SDB. Not cheap but will last a lifr time. if you can find a used one go for it. You can send it back and they will go thru it and rebuild it for free.
    I do 9mm and .380. Just getting into doing 300BLK. I like the progressive of the 650 over the 550, but you need the case feeder to make the 650 work like butter. Defiantly a investment, but a great one. Now you cant find ammo. I have buckets loads.IMG_4816.jpegIMG_4816.jpeg

7. Banned
    Now if I could only find small pistol primers for less than the price of gold,,,,

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by acesover View Post
    Now if I could only find small pistol primers for less than the price of gold,,,,
    I've heard the price has gone nuts on those. I happened to have stocked up just before the latest hording wave hit.

I've owned a 650XL for 2-3 years now. Great loader and highly recommended. But I only load handgun with mine. I understand it can do some rifle shells, but I can't speak to that.
    John

9. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jejb View Post
    I've heard the price has gone nuts on those. I happened to have stocked up just before the latest hording wave hit.

I've owned a 650XL for 2-3 years now. Great loader and highly recommended. But I only load handgun with mine. I understand it can do some rifle shells, but I can't speak to that.
    You can do a lot of different Rifles Ammo with it, Im setting upi right now to do 300BLK subs.

10. Member
    I have 2 650’s one on an auto drive. Best investment I’ve made for reloading. Buy once cry once! I will be getting a RL1100 soon also.