livescope newbie questions

I'm replacing a PS22 with livescope box/transducer.

A couple of questions.

Is the GLS 10 sonar box always on with a 12V source or does it power up/down with monitor? Guess I'll figure that out shortly after connecting wires.

I've got an echo plus 73 cv. I get the impression I may be unhappy with the screen resolution on the unit and a 10" is preferable. If upgrading to a 10" monitor dedicated to only livescope, what is the least expensive option?

Thanks!

Box will always be on if you don’t put it on a switch/breaker . 1022
    2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

3. Member
    Not exactly. GL10 will power down with the unit. But when it powers down it's not 100% down. Still draws a little to monitor the line for the wakeup from the unit. When it sees the unit power up the wakeup powers the GLS10 back up. It is a good idea to have it on a switch.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

4. Member
    Are you interested in selling your PS 22 ?
    Helix Mega 10 SI G2N , ILink
    Garmin 1040 XS / Garmin 1242 xsv with Panoptix Down VU PS 30 W/ GCV 10 networked with PS 31. Boat Rig

Echomap Ultra 106 SV with Livescope 12 . Ice Rig

My Ionic Lithium battery has an app that measures all that. It doesn't show any draw when off.

Switch is unnecessary IMO

6. Member
    You may be right. 20 milliamps is not much draw. Personal preference on my part. I have all kinds of stuff hooked up and so a main cutoff switch that is off gives me some comfort that everything is OFF.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hays47 View Post
    Are you interested in selling your PS 22 ?
    Maybe, haven't gotten that far yet.

8. Member
    Thanks for info .... another question about the graphs options. 1022 is least expensive 10" option. It looks like the 102sv ultra has higher resolution, 1280 x 800 vs 1024 x 600 on the 1022. Seems like resolution is a key feature in optimizing livescope system. I'm leaning towards the 102sv. It also has some other nice features like touch screen and quick release cradle.

Main thing is resolution though. Your thoughts on 1022 vs 102sv?