View Poll Results: 3 Blade or 4 Blade

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • 3 Blade

7 58.33%
  • 4 Blade

5 41.67%

3 blade or 4 blade prop

Yet another prop thread...I know that there are innumerable variables; I'm just interested in y'all's general opinions.

For your Xpress, do you prefer a 3 blade or 4 blade prop? If you've tried both, what's your general impressions of each?

The props4sale board here is a great resource. I have an X19 with a 175 SHO. It came with a 23p T2 Vmax prop and I've tested a 22p and 23p Tempest plus, all 3 blade. So far, I think my boat likes the 23p Tempest the best unless I get it really heavily loaded. I haven't tried a 4 blade on it but I'd like to.

2. Member
    I had an h-56 & it ca,e with a 4 blade. Just never handled good & was slow. I put an old 3 blade turbo off of a buddys hydra sport & it was a totally different ride & way faster too.

3. Member
    I just went to a 25p Bravo 1XS with all 8 PBS holes plugged into my 2018 X19 200 SHO. It’s awesome. Also have 24p VMAX SHO T2. Bravo has better Holeshot and midrange. And it’s within 1 mph on top end.

4. Member
    A good three blade will be fastest if you can drive it. But day to day a performance 4 blade will out perform in every category and only be 1-3 mph slower.
    2015 X19 200 SHO

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HOOKWETTER View Post
    A good three blade will be fastest if you can drive it. But day to day a performance 4 blade will out perform in every category and only be 1-3 mph slower.
    ^^^^ this ^^^^
    I have tried a bunch of different props and the 4 blades were/are always the best all around. I will say as soon as Canada opens back up I will take a couple of my 3 blades up with me to see what kind of topend numbers I can get. CJ
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.