Anything new on the horizon from minnkota?

Had an ultrex on my old boat. Just bought a different boat with a ulterra. Really liking the auto stow/deploy, but man that foot pedal is a real piece of crap. I just cant get used to it. The remote obviously works fine but I rarely used it on my ultrex.

Any rumors of minnkota coming out with anything new? If they just added a wireless/or wired foot pedal to the ultrex similar to what the garmin unit has (like ultrex) they would really have one great unit.

2. Member
    Crickets??????

Seems like Minnkota could add a wireless foot pedal option pretty easy. If it worked decent (better than existing) a lot of people with terrova and ultrex would upgrade.

3. Member
    on Lake Hartwell in Westminster, SC 29693
    footpedal would be MUCH better if I could jog

4. Member
    im trying to decide between the ulterra or ultrex, sounds like for bank fishing people choose the ultrex because of the cable like steering but man I really like the options on the ulterra deploy/stow. I wish they would mix the two.

The pedal is designed to be a cable and electric steer combined or as they say power assisted steering and has most of the electronics in it

To change to a wireless pedal they would need to eliminate the cable steer and move the main board to the motor

I think they would come out with a new model/name if they made that many changes

What they should work on is

Interchangeable transducers

A mount designed for the Ultrex rather than the old fortrex mount so it doesn’t angle backwards when deployed

A way to adjust the auto pilot bearing/heading that’s not as random as it is now

A Bluetooth heading sensor that can pair directly to a Humminbird graph as well as the motor
    "The handicapped angler"

6. Member
    I guess I meant wireless pedal just for terrova and ulterra. Some sort of pedal that has feedback would be the most ideal. Jog would be great too.

Its funny that trolling motors originally came out with foot pedals so you could fish easier but now a lot of people only use the handheld remote. In the instance of the terrova/ulterra I think thats just because the pedal is just hard to use. Maybe because I grew up using cable steer models but just could never get used to the terrova pedal.

Quote Originally Posted by MichAngler View Post
    The pedal is designed to be a cable and electric steer combined or as they say power assisted steering and has most of the electronics in it

To change to a wireless pedal they would need to eliminate the cable steer and move the main board to the motor

I think they would come out with a new model/name if they made that many changes

What they should work on is

Interchangeable transducers

A mount designed for the Ultrex rather than the old fortrex mount so it doesn’t angle backwards when deployed

A way to adjust the auto pilot bearing/heading that’s not as random as it is now

A Bluetooth heading sensor that can pair directly to a Humminbird graph as well as the motor

I think they need to catch up and have brushless motors.
    __________________________________________________ ___

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**
    __________________________________________________ ___

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

Quote Originally Posted by Bob B View Post
    I think they need to catch up and have brushless motors.
    2nd!

I forgot about that
    "The handicapped angler"

9. Member
    I bought my first power drive and the bt terrova I have now because I didn’t want to be tied to a trolling motor. I bass fish yes but hardly am I perched on the bow of the boat.

10. Member
    Two things.

1. Make the steering and power cable protector more flexible. I think they already improved this a little but could be better
    2) Brushless motor is coming
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

11. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    I haven't had a pedal close to a decade I bet, PD V2.
    NONE. Heard a wad of crap from many a bank beater - then I watched some step into the circle.

Glad I've never had to hook up the pedal all this time, one less thing on the deck.
    Troll some sheer drops, the SI & ACL points the way.
    Some folks here would say I don't need no stinkin' bank - lol...

As long as people tolerate the highest prices and can accept they WON'T be repairing their own stuff, and WON'T be keeping them going for years..
    Yeah new stuff, sounds simple enough - eh?

https://www.renesas.com/kr/en/soluti...thms/bldc.html
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

12. Member
    I’m really wanting a Saltwater version of the Ultrex.

13. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by 91tiger View Post

Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 91tiger View Post
    A Saltrex?

15. Member
    Lol