Missouri Personal Property Tax

Saw that Missouri Taxes personal property every year.
    7% of assessed value on boats, cars, and everything else.
    Question-Does each county tax the same amount?
    Are there exemptions?
    Any other things I would need to know about these taxes?
    Thanks for any help.

2. Member
    That is correct with some variation by county and cities sometimes I think they will tax us *(citizens of Missouri)* on our taxes. The best thing to do is check at the county seats assessors office.
    2018 BASSCAT COUGAR FTD
    MERCURY 250 PRO XS 2B524980

3. Member
    Contact the County Assessor. The Assessor is responsible to determine the market value of personal property each year. They then multiple the market value by a percentage to determine the assessed value.

Each political subdivision that you reside in will asses a tax levy (county, city, school district, fire district, etc). A political subdivision may have muliple tax levies. For example a city may have a general tax levy plus a restricted tax levy (for example money that can only be spent for the purpose of the restriction - for example parks or police).

The Ciunty Collector is charged with the responsible of collecting all tax levies that can be levied against your property - both personal and real. Tax levy are stated per 100 of assessed value such as a 1.375 levy for city parks.

If you have 1,000 of assessed property you will pay 13,75 for a park taxes.

4. Member
    I can tell you something about it, it’s a dam joke and a rip off!

5. Member
    The Missouri Department of Revenue also has an online page you can enter your address and see the taxes. But yes you never actually own anything in MO.

On a different note, there is a governor candidate who wants to do anyway with personal property taxes.
    1984 Ranger 395V 1998 Mariner 225 Mag EFI

"A bad day of fishing, is always better then a good day at work"

6. Member
    It's still way cheaper than living in the "People's Republic of Illinois". That's why I live in MO.
    2001 ChampioN 206 Yamaha 225

7. Member
    Hillsboro, MO 63050 & Dripping Springs, TX 78620
    I am still laughing, Good one
    Quote Originally Posted by milligjg View Post
    It's still way cheaper than living in the "People's Republic of Illinois". That's why I live in MO.

8. Member
    Every state gets their money. Just some do it in different ways. I hate PP tax but other things aren’t as bad as some states. They all get you one way or the other.