2004 193 livewell pumpout

2004 193..it won't pump out the livewell. When I turn it on I hear a pump going. Is the pump under the gas tank? I have the u shaped tank. Is there a way to get to it without taking out the tank?

2. Banned
    Assuming you’re on the water, is your livewell drain closed? (Obviously if you’re off the water, it’s closed)

3. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    I don't know how they plumbed the 04s, but the 07, the pump is just ahead of the LW drain valve with a T fitting. So if it's like that, you've got a blockage on the input to the pump, output of the pump or an impeller issue. Think before I went bilge diving, I'd flush water with a hose from the through hull fitting and see it you get water flowing out the drain and possible into the livewell. Then test again. If still no pumpout, probably the pump motor / impeller.

4. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    If you don't find a solution here on BBC...At one time, R&K Marine, there in Knightdale, sold Champs. Neil can probably help you...if they are still there. Have not talked with them in several years.

5. Member
    Thanks everyone. It did work a couple years ago. I haven't used the livewell in a long time. I can hear the pump running though. I'll try flushing it.

6. Member
    Found access panel behind gas tank. Took hose off pump and it worked fine. Squirted water through the hose and blew out a big mud dauber nest. All good now!

7. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    The pump on the back of the livewell is the Hydro (recirculate) pump. Pumpout should be in the bilge area.

8. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Agree with Tx Champ. Pump out pump is in the bilge. Does your pump out work now, after clearing the Hydro hose? If so, it's a real puzzler.

9. Member
    Yes. It works now. It is at the back side at the bottom of the livewell. The recirculate pump is in the bottom of the bilge

10. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    I understand regarding recirculate pump, but still a bit confused about location of your pump out pump. The Hydro (air bubbler only) pump is on the livewell wall.

11. Member
    Lea- I have 2 holes in my livewell at the bottom. One is the drain on the port side. The other is about 1.5" from the bottom on the starboard side for the pumpout. The hydro comes from the top part of the livewell.

12. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    No, the Hydro picks up near the bottom and reintroduces via a PowerStream aerator. The pumpout will be tied to the drain line, unless it is a Flow Rite Pumpout Aerator added by a previous owner, which in that case would be in the Hydro line.

13. Member
    Not sure if someone before me changed things around. I have 4 pumps total. One to pump in water, one to pump out, one for aerator, and the bilge. Tne pump out is hooked up as I said. The hydro switch runs the other pump. Not sure how its connected. I'm back in nc now and the boat is in mich. I also have the lever for recirculate, empty, and I forgot the 3rd position.

14. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    The aerator is also the pump-in. Your 4th pump is more than likely the automatic bilge which is an option in addition to the standard manual bilge pump on a switch.