Line recommendations for Alde MGL 30?

Hi all, and thanks for looking.
    I've got an Aldebaran MGL 30 coming, which i intend to pair with a GLX 852C JWR for weightless plastics - flukes and senkos. This is the closest reel to a BFS setup I've ever owned.
    I fish mostly weedy areas with soft bottom and the occasional snag; bass over 8 lbs are seen once in a lifetime up here, let alone caught, though pike, musky and catfish do like to join the bass fishing party from time to time. I'm looking for a finesse line that will allow me to cast those lures, but won't be too likely to blow up on the reel either.
    In my mind I was thinking straight mono (6 or 8 lb) or light braid to light fluoro leader; that being said, my experience using baitcasters for baits this light is slim. What are your suggestions?
    Any and all thoughts appreciated!

If you're going to be fishing in weedy areas, you better go with braid. I'd use at least 30 pound test. The braid will cutt he weeds when you get a fish on. In the weeds, no need for a mono or fluoro leader, just use straight braid.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

3. Member
    I just got a mgl 30 and put 10 lb fluoro on it and it holds enough that i cant cast it all off with a 3/8 oz dark sleeper

4. Member
    Thanks all for the input :)
    as a bit of a clarification - the areas I fish are weedy but not mats - figure in clumps of milfoil or reeds a few feet square above a a bottom of short weeds; just about clear enough to use a squarebill or a hard jerkbait without worrying about writing it off every cast. There are some really heavy patches but rarely more than 100 feet square... thanks again!

5. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    I’d suggest 40lb Sufix 832. With 30lb the line digs into my spool when I get a big fish on so the 30lb didn’t let the drag (or the next cast) work last the point of the hookset. I don’t use a leader, just don’t believe in them unless I’m in very clear water.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

6. Member
    i use 10lb Suffix Nano Braid with 8lb Sniper Fc Fluoro line.
    50th Anniversary
    1998 Skeeter Zx195C
    200 V MAX

7. Member
    Gonna give the 10 lb braid with fluoro leader a run - will make light bait presentation easier... thanks :)