Triton TR-21 needing more low end to get out of the hole heavy.

Hello,

It has been some time since I have posted here. I have for some time had issues getting the boat on plane heavy.
    I have a TR-21 with a 225 EFI and the older 26 trophy. What would be a good prop to use to get better hole shot? Top end is not a concern as long as it does not slow me down too much. I rarely drive faster than 55 but like to open it up from time to time.

thanks,

2. Banned
    I have a 2001 tr21 with a 225efi. Stock tempest 25. It's got an exceptional holeshot

3. Member
    27" Bravo. Nothing holeshots better, especially with a load, that a properly set up Bravo. Get the Bravo XS and adjust vents accordingly. Also, the higher you run a bravo, the better the holeshot. Or get a 26 Bravo and have cupping added if necessary.

4. Banned
    save some money and send the prop you got to Mark.

5. Member
    What year TR 21 and motor it makes a big difference. How many rpm's are you turning on hole shot now, you need to be between 3500-3800. How many rpm's at WOT? You should be close to 5800 now and over 70 mph. What's your current prop to pad measurement? You need to be above 3"
    to get the best performance. jarhead175 is right about getting the prop worked it will make a difference.

6. Member
    My Set Up

2004 TR-21 X with 2018 250ProXs.
    12" Jack Plate
    27 Bravo XS

Prop to Pad measurement /// 2 inches. A lot of time and effort went into the set-up.
    Thinking of going to lithium batteries to add to the fun.

Break Neck Hole Shot. Full Gas, Tackle and Live wells, Lays right over before I get to 3300 rpms.

with that setup a Trophy plus is the best prop. Youll never get the holeshot your needing out of a Tempest and you motor wont turn a Bravo. Probably a 25 or 26 pitch. Main question is does your prop have pvs holes? Are you running an exhaust ring? Id say call Mark Croxton and he can get you squared away.
    --------------------------------------------
    Phillip Arrington
    Dover/Goodlettsville Tn

2017 Sponsoring Partners:
    C&O Marine, Mercury Marine, Goodlettsville Gun Shop, Cantrell's Market, Motorguide , YETI, Carrot Stix, Yum, GateWay Tire Service Center, StormR, SpoolTek, RodSox, Jewel Bait Company, U.S. Bass, Bobs Machine Shop, Lazyman Hooks, FishBum, Bass Militia, Rayus, and Jenko Fishing.

1999 Triton TR-21PD
    Mercury 300R