Thread: Marty Stone

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    I can not recall the specific B.A.S.S. event nor the angler involved, but after the cut, a guy had trouble with his rig and called Tripp and asked to switch boats with his roommate, who missed the cut. Tripp allowed it and the roommate brought out his boat and they switched and the guy continued to fish.
    Yes it happens

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    I can not recall the specific B.A.S.S. event nor the angler involved, but after the cut, a guy had trouble with his rig and called Tripp and asked to switch boats with his roommate, who missed the cut. Tripp allowed it and the roommate brought out his boat and they switched and the guy continued to fish.
    Did the angler in the title event get his back up boat during the actual tournament day itself? Meaning during active fishing hours. That’s what I’m trying to get at. I’m well aware that people have gotten replacement boats before take off the following day (I.e Chris Johnston and it pretty much cost him the AOY). What I am saying is the elite anglers haven’t gotten a boat swap during active fishing hours. They simply beach their boat and hitch a ride back to weigh in or hop into another competitors boat.
    Last edited by ECobb91; 08-31-2020 at 08:53 PM.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    Please show me a tournament where an angler was provided a back up boat midday because his boat failed. Since you always expect others to prove themselves, you should practice what you preach.

I personally have never seen them stop midday to get another boat and fish because the batteries died. I’ve seen anglers jump in other boats to get a ride back to weigh in (ex. Lucas when he won in Cali), and anglers jump in another anglers boat due to mechanical failure (Wheeler when he won his Elite event), but never seen them get a back up boat in the middle of the tournament day itself.
    how far back are you thinking?I know Denny B. did it on ky lake and beat
    Rick C out of AOY way back.Denny broke a propshaft running to
    his place on barkley and then Zell R put his boat in and ran to him
    and they swapped boats.

Did the angler in the title event get his back up boat during the actual tournament day itself? Meaning during active fishing hours. That’s what I’m trying to get at. I’m well aware that people have gotten replacement boats before take off the following day (I.e Chris Johnston and it pretty much cost him the AOY). What I am saying is the elite anglers haven’t gotten a boat swap during active fishing hours. They simply beach their boat and hitch a ride back to weigh in or hop into another competitors boat.
    Yes, I believe that the replacement boat was brought out to the guy and the switch was made in the middle of the day during active fishing hours.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    I recall from watching a Bassmaster's with Bob Cobb had to be 30 years ago when a Pro's boat broke down they got to shore and the Co Angler drove back to the Motel retrieving his boat so they could finish out the day but they missed a lot of fishing time.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodRiverBandit View Post
    I agree mlf isn’t for me
    me either ,
    1996 Javelin 409T DC /225 Johnson Venom

7. Member
    Cory Johnston switched boats mid day at St Lawrence last year on day 1. During ACTIVE fishing hours.

8. Member
    Who cares if they switch boats sheesh.

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by west_tn View Post
    Who cares if they switch boats sheesh.
    That's kinda my point. The op pointed out that it was ridiculous they could do it in a Mlf ran tournament. But the elites can do it too. So what if they can get in a back up boat

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345