Thread: Difference

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Banned
    My question is... if you were a Hindu, your mama was a Hindu, everyone you know is a Hindu, you have your scripture, your place of worship, you have no exposure to anything other than Hindu.
    What are your thoughts (not more Bible verses) on this?

2. Member
    Rexico, some in the church believe there is a moral light within man, a lamp from God in which each and every person knows right from wrong even though the people you speak of have not ever been under Gods Law (Torah).

Paul said this : In Romans 5:12-14 the apostle Paul states, “Therefore, just as sin came into the world through one man, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because all sinned— for sin indeed was in the world before the law was given, but sin is not counted where there is no law. Yet death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over those whose sinning was not like the transgression of Adam, who was a type of the one who was to come.

What does he mean when he writes, ‘for sin indeed was in the world before the law was given, but sin is not counted where there is no law’? Is the apostle implying that people who have not heard the word of God are not considered sinners because they have never heard the Decalogue or Christ’s commandments?

​

Paul teaches in Romans chapter 2, “For all who have sinned without the law will also perish without the law, and all who have sinned under the law will be judged by the law. For it is not the hearers of the law who are righteous before God, but the doers of the law who will be justified. For when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do what the law requires, they are a law to themselves, even though they do not have the law. They show that the work of the law is written on their hearts, while their conscience also bears witness, and their conflicting thoughts accuse or even excuse them on that day when, according to my gospel, God judges the secrets of men by Christ Jesus” (v. 12-16)

​

above are just a few of the many verses in scripture that deal with your question. Remember the bible is a very jewish book, I keep repeating that phrase because when trying to interprete the book you have to ask yourself a few questions.
    1. who wrote it
    2. who was it written too
    3. what or who is the subject
    4. when was it written
    5. what does the verse say
    6. what does the verse mean
    7. what is the historical meaning
    8. what relevance does a verse , passage or book have today

on and on and on I could go.

It is so easy to regurgitate what we have been taught over the years I have been guilty of it and I am sure all here have as well. If you keep asking the questions......................listen to what others say, teach and preach but most importantly be a berean and study to see if what you have been taught is true.

11Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.

3. Banned
    msethsmile
    Are you being punished for things your great, great, great, great, grand father did?

4. Banned
    msethsmile, godsdozer sdbrison on this question
    Let's do simple as we can make it. Hindu's, Muslims, Jews, Buddhist are
    A. Going to hell
    B. Not going to hell
    C. I don't know
    Last edited by rexico; 09-04-2020 at 03:14 PM.

5. Member
    uh, no. God has no grandchildren, only children. You can't be saved by dad's/grandad's faith. Opposite is true too, you can't be damned by grandad's sins/unbelief.

That being said, unbelief can be passed along, that is, taught. Same for belief. Teach your children well, in the house of the LORD. Mark 16:16 stands. Keep in mind, all came from Noah, who trusted in the LORD. A hero of the faith. His descendants haven't fared so well. His spiritual descendants have fared very well.

We hear the phrase 'anti-Semitic' a lot. Anti Jew. Semitic comes from Shem--one of Noah's three sons. From his line came the Hebrews, and others. Another son, Ham, was the father of the Canaanites--big time unbelievers. Shem and Japheth covered with a cloak and respect their father's drunken nakedness. Ham did not--showing himself the true Canaanite.

6. Member
    Speaking of Noah, all those destroyed in the Flood were unbelievers but still descendants of Adam, a believer. Only 8 were saved, Noah, his 3 sons, and their wives. Some estimate the world population could have been well over a billion (speculated). So, is God loving or unloving? Rephrased, is the Flood the account of destruction or of mercy? It is the latter. God mercifully continued the human race. "The LORD saw how great man's wickedness on the earth had become, and that every inclination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil all the time." (Gen 6:5)(my emphasis). News flash: We have the same DNA. Mercy indeed.
    Last edited by msethsmile; 09-04-2020 at 03:33 PM.

7. Member
    Mark 16:16 still stands. "No one comes to the father except through me." John 14:6b. Why ask the advice of a sinner (myself) when you can go to Holy (sinless) Scripture? What does Scripture say? Not what you or I interpret, What do we humbly bow down to God's Word and hear?

8. Member
    You ask why such and such are not saved. Perhaps a better question is--Why is anyone saved? What do we deserve--right now? We are all sinful and deserve to be in hell right now. God, in His mercy, saw otherwise. "The wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Rom 6:23) Law and Gospel.

"This isn't hell, its Iowa." I think that's how the movie went... (Field of Dreams)

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by msethsmile View Post
    Speaking of Noah, all those destroyed in the Flood were unbelievers but still descendants of Adam, a believer. Only 8 were saved, Noah, his 3 sons, and their wives. Some estimate the world population could have been well over a billion (speculated). So, is God loving or unloving? Rephrased, is the Flood the account of destruction or of mercy? It is the latter. God mercifully continued the human race. "The LORD saw how great man's wickedness on the earth had become, and that every inclination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil all the time." (Gen 6:5)(my emphasis). News flash: We have the same DNA. Mercy indeed.

Was that a local flood or a global flood ? Your answer to that question has significant consequences to other NT passages. If you belive it was a global flood please site the verses/passages detailing a global flood.
    Last edited by godsdozer; 09-04-2020 at 08:41 PM.

10. Member
    uh, no. God has no grandchildren, only children. You can't be saved by dad's/grandad's faith. Opposite is true too, you can't be damned by grandad's sins/unbelief.

That being said, unbelief can be passed along, that is, taught. Same for belief. Teach your children well, in the house of the LORD. Mark 16:16 stands. Keep in mind, all came from Noah, who trusted in the LORD. A hero of the faith. His descendants haven't fared so well. His spiritual descendants have fared very well.

We hear the phrase 'anti-Semitic' a lot. Anti Jew. Semitic comes from Shem--one of Noah's three sons. From his line came the Hebrews, and others. Another son, Ham, was the father of the Canaanites--big time unbelievers. Shem and Japheth covered with a cloak and respect their father's drunken nakedness. Ham did not--showing himself the true Canaanite.

if unbelief can be taught and passed down , where does calvanism stand ?

11. Member
    Mark 16:16 still stands. "No one comes to the father except through me." John 14:6b. Why ask the advice of a sinner (myself) when you can go to Holy (sinless) Scripture? What does Scripture say? Not what you or I interpret, What do we humbly bow down to God's Word and hear?
    You keep mentioning Mark 16 in regards salvation and belief...........Here I will quote it.

15 He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.17 And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues;18 they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well.”
    ​

I do not know your denomination or church affiliation but I am almost certain they do not teach nor practice nor can they perform what is written in Mark 16.

If your church, denomination or your personal life does, please provide some videos of those events for us here BBC.

12. Member
    Cherry picking a partial verse or a chapter is what got us in this mess.
    Last edited by godsdozer; 09-04-2020 at 08:29 PM.

13. Member
    msethsmile,

The book of Joel and the Book of Acts have alot to say about Mark 16. Have you read those ?

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sdbrison View Post
    Law and Gospel
    An awful lot of law in the gospels.

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rexico View Post
    My question is... if you were a Hindu, your mama was a Hindu, everyone you know is a Hindu, you have your scripture, your place of worship, you have no exposure to anything other than Hindu.
    What are your thoughts (not more Bible verses) on this?
    The fallacy is the idea that you only exposure was Hindu, we all know that's not true.

16. Banned
    [QUOTE=grandbassslayer;11360948]The fallacy is the idea that you only exposure was Hindu, we all know that's not true.[/QUO
    Maybe you will answer my question. Are Hindu's
    A. going to hell
    B not going to hell
    C.I don't know
    Also when you say "we all know" who do you speak for?

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    An awful lot of law in the gospels.
    Interesting comment grandbassslayer, Can you post a few for example ?

If there is a lot of law in the gospels, why do think there is ?

Thanks

18. Member
    rexico-Is the object to win the argument or win the soul (this thread--those reading). Answer: Win the soul. Scripture warns us of messing with God's word. 3 examples (one modern)

1.Adam and Eve. They lived in perfect harmony with God, that is, sinless (pre Fall). They decided to mess with God's spoken word, adjust/edit it to their liking. That's the Fall, mankind would never be the same, never as God intended. Wicked. In Christ, we are reconciled to God. Restored (eventually in heaven).

2. The numerically hottest church in my area and its parent denomination adjust/edit Scripture (written word) to their liking. They use a method called 'higher criticism'; Man's reason (uh oh--tainted by sin) looks down on Scripture and decides which is true and which is not. They say Scripture 'contains' God's word (which part doesn't?). Red flag. This 'Christian' church can go a 45 minute sermon and not mention Christ once--literally. All about self improvement.

3. King Saul. The Holy Spirit was with Saul and then he turned. Deja' vu all over again; he adjusted/edited God's spoken word (thru Samuel His prophet) to his own liking. Saul was lost. God thru Samuel warns:

But Samuel replied: "Does the LORD delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices as much as in obeying the LORD? To obey is better than sacrifice, and to heed is better than the fat of rams. 1 Sam 15:22
    everyone---quit messing with God's word. The gift of the Holy Spirit is the Holy Spirit--which left Saul.

Rexico--you search for answers--good for you. Stick with Holy Scripture as your source, not the opinions of sinful man. Continue to search till you find the good news of the Gospel. "While we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." Rom 5:8

Last edited by msethsmile; 09-08-2020 at 09:55 AM.

19. Banned
    [QUOTE=rexico;11361080]
    Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    The fallacy is the idea that you only exposure was Hindu, we all know that's not true.[/QUO
    Maybe you will answer my question. Are Hindu's
    A. going to hell
    B not going to hell
    C.I don't know
    Also when you say "we all know" who do you speak for?
    When you ask "if Hindu's are going to hell", I think thats the wrong question. That is a blanket question for a group instead of an individual. God is not a fan of religion-in general.

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rexico View Post
    If there 100's of millions of Christian's, Hindu's, Muslims, Jew's and Buddhist, how do we know who got it right?
    You out there Godsdozer?

There is only One of 'Us' here... Law Of One.

And because the calendar reads it is 'Thursday' I give You (the 'other me') this:

www.last-thursday.org

I noticed this work prior in this thread...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast