Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I had to learn again when I got my Tracker 185 XT. What I ended up with is, back down far enough to wet the entire length of the bunk boards, pull up until the little triangle step in front of the fender is about 2 inches out of the water. Loads perfect every time now for me.

2. Banned
    Had better luck this weekend. I did as you said and dunked the trailer, pulled it back up, and hit the trailer with a little more speed. Seemed like it lined itself out better loaded it 4 times and it was stright all of them. Thanks for the help guys. I'm going to add the belly boards and some other things in the near future but I bought the boat and a house at about the same time and woman says house is priority.

3. Member
    I had been having problems until I realized I was putting the trailer too far into the water. Now I back until the top of the fenders are level with the top of the water. Not having any more issues.

4. Member
    The additional centering brackets and upgrade to slick boards like mentioned will make your life much easier. I have both for my pt 190 and I can load on uneven gravel ramps in river current no problem.

5. iNCORRECT pOLITICALLY
    Quote Originally Posted by bassassin View Post
    The additional centering brackets and upgrade to slick boards like mentioned will make your life much easier. I have both for my pt 190 and I can load on uneven gravel ramps in river current no problem.
    Yup, just gotta be careful with the slick boards when coming in hot or the trailer could become a ski ramp. Only kidding...sorta. I know with docks in the way sometimes I have to come in hot in a stiff cross wind and once you commit there's no turning back.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

No one likes a pot licker or GPS pirate. FIND YOUR OWN FISH!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jarhead175 View Post
    Had better luck this weekend. I did as you said and dunked the trailer, pulled it back up, and hit the trailer with a little more speed. Seemed like it lined itself out better loaded it 4 times and it was stright all of them. Thanks for the help guys. I'm going to add the belly boards and some other things in the near future but I bought the boat and a house at about the same time and woman says house is priority.
    Finding the magic depth and how much fender to have out of the water seems to be the trick on every boat I've ever loaded. Almost everyone is different but pay attention to it and know where your fenders are in relation to the water when you have no issues and then shoot for that placement each time. A lot of variables like the ramps angle of steepness but it will generally get you in a better position. Steeper I don't back in quite as far, shallower I back in a little farther.
    2023 Targa V-19 Combo
    Mercury 200hp XS XL Four stroke
    Garmin Force TM-36v Ionic Lithium Batteries
    Best Speed to date: 51.2mph
    BEST/WORST: Storage / Compartment moisture

Quote Originally Posted by vandamit View Post
    if your alone and it's leaning slide over to the center seat and drive up with your right hand. it works every single time, your dead center with your winch and your boat is even. try it next time, it works like a charm. also if it does get off keel you can go to the back and shove it over at the ramp. But if you just slide to the middle next time you won't have any issues at all. Also don't back your trailer in very far, that makes a huge difference as well.
    +1
    1995 Viper 201D
    1995 Johnson Venom 200
    Gas mileage is for sissies

8. Banned
    Thanks for the info it's gotten a lot better just frustrating. Now I am going to try to find a leak in my plumbing. Boat set in the water for three days over labor day weekend and not a drop when I pulled the plug. Filled the livewell twice since than and both times hull full of water and I mean a lot of water.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12