hydraulic jack plate for pt175 tf/txw?

anyone ever try to put something like an atlas micro or bobs machine 4” jack plate on a newer model pt175, 60hp merc.

i fish a lot of creeks and drainage ditches between and use them to get to deeper back water. ive been just power trimming up and trolling through the creeks but a mechanic told me it was hard on the engine. i saw a roland martin video where he had a classic set up with a hydraulic jack plate and a stabalizer for shallow water.

any thoughts? would a different prop be needed

thanks

2. iNCORRECT pOLITICALLY
    It's a good idea for what you do but just remember it will void your warranty. As for a new prop you won't know if you need one until you put a plate on and get some test numbers. There are people on here running/have run a jack plate on their 175 and 190 with no reported issues. One of them had 175 with a real 115hp Optimax and a 6" plate for years with no problem. And there's a 190 with a 150hp and a 6" plate AND a pair of long poles with no issues as far as I know. Tracker is just making sure they have as few warranty claims as possible with their restrictions on plates and poles.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

The school of hard knocks is a rough way to be educated!

3. Member
    thanks for the reply. yeah i didnt think about the warranty, i may forgo that idea but if i hit a rock pile the warranty is useless anyway. the black max prop that came with it is terrible for acceleration, even more with 2 people. i dont need speed, i need to get up on plane quick.

4. iNCORRECT pOLITICALLY
    Yeah that Black Max prop is pretty bad when it comes to carrying a load. Might want to talk to Gator Glenn on this forum about props on a 175 with the 60hp. He's tried several. I run a Powertech nrs3 on my 175 with the 75hp but it's more of a top speed prop even though holeshot is pretty quick with it.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

The school of hard knocks is a rough way to be educated!

5. Member
    i did a search and it looks like a trophy sport 13p ss as the best one. also mentions spitfire 14p.

both has good reviews for the 175 for accelaration and and leveling of quicker.

thanks

6. Member
    I do think the limited lifetime warranty on the hull and transom is only good if you are the original owner of the boat..

I put a Spitfire x7 on mine and love it