Ultimate rod for jigs/worms/carolina rigs/anything "feel"...

If there was only one ever...past or present. Price doesn't matter. Just curious and excited to hear the responses! Enjoy the weekend!

2. Member
    G Loomis NRX JWR! I have the 894JWR, 852sJWR. The most sensitive bottom contact rods I have ever used! I just purchased a Conquest 903c but I haven’t used it yet.

3. Member
    I've never used a super high end rod but from what ive heard, nrx, conquest, Phoenix k2, 13 fishing archangel steez ags, the new st. Croix with ags guides, kistler z bone, and edge black widow are the most sensitive usdm rods. poison Ultima, poison glorious, steed ags, gamakatsu luxe oltre, and Olympic vigore are the best available jdm rods. But for the kind of money id have to spend for any of these is rather have a custom built on a Phoenix k2, nfc x-ray, or even a st Croix scv blank. that way I could get it cut or extended to the exact length I like and pic put my own seat and grips and torzite guides. I started a thread over on tt a while back and these were the responses I got. And some of the guys on that site have more invested in fishing equipment than most do on their home. But then I really thought about it and decided I didnt need a high end rod the Fenwick elite tech smallmouth i had paired with a light reel and braid was plenty sensitive enough. But if you can lay down the extra coin thats up to you.
    Last edited by timsford; 09-22-2020 at 10:59 PM. Reason: typo

But for the kind of money id have to spend for any of these is rather have a custom built on a Phoenix k2, nfc x-ray, or even a st Croix scv blank. that way I could get it cut or extended to the exact length I like and pic put my own seat and grips and torzite guides.

+ 100!!!!
    2013 BassCat Cougar
    Serial # 1B962763

The old Loomis IMX blanks ... specifically the 844s ... are almost impossible to beat when built by a rod builder. I have several and they are the best I have ever used or found.

A lot of people mistake "action" for "feel". Two distinctly different categories. To a degree, stiffer is usually more sensitive. The more whippy the rod is the more vibration it absorbs.