Thread: Roasting

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Roasting

Charger taking a roasting from Champ guys over the lack of new innovation and premium pricing. On another site from a non biased review.
    Can’t say I don’t blame them. I hope the Dorris’s will put some R&D in some new amenities. Instead of rolling out a 09 Champ and asking a Ranger price.
    My .02

2. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FDR80 View Post
    Charger taking a roasting from Champ guys over the lack of new innovation and premium pricing. On another site from a non biased review.
    Can’t say I don’t blame them. I hope the Dorris’s will put some R&D in some new amenities. Instead of rolling out a 09 Champ and asking a Ranger price.
    My .02
    If you're talking about Ken Smith's videos, he a Ranger driver, not Champion. He's looking for a new boat and test driving all that he can. His biggest ding on the 210 was no contingency money. He also didn't care for the sealing of cooler, two drawers in the foot blocks and the labeling on the switch panel not being backlit. Other than that, it was a pretty positive review. His first review was the Bass Cat Puma Hybrid and the next one is his Ranger Z521L.

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...+smith+fishing
    Last edited by Tx Champ; 08-28-2020 at 06:48 PM.

3. Member
    I was speaking of the Current Champion owners that replied to his review.

4. Banned
    Charger owners took his review pretty well, it was the crossfit...I mean Basscat owners that didn't like Kens review...lol

5. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Who is ken smith?

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FDR80 View Post
    I was speaking of the Current Champion owners that replied to his review.

Not sure if you’re referring to me or someone else. The boats outdated, but that’s no surprise, look at what these guys say about Chargers current models. Apparently Charger is doing just fine though, takes them forever to build a boat. That’s why Sartin Marine quit selling them, took too long for orders.

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TOUCH OF CLASS View Post
    Who is ken smith?

A texas angler that’s doing non-biased honest reviews, it’s a good series so far.

8. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    The 210 has modular console what else is to update?its a boat with rod boxes and livewells and looks like every other brand out.The 6 series look like bullets 30 plus year design console and it still works keeping you dry under the console with lots of storage there.I think it’s a personal preference if you like modular get 210 if you want more usable room under the console and never coming loose get a 6 but that’s my 2 cents.The only thing I see with 210 is deck size it could be bigger but than there’s the 797 with multiple consoles to pick from.So there are options in the line up unlike other brands that have one boat just different lengths.

9. Banned
    You have to watch the videos.

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    A texas angler that’s doing non-biased honest reviews, it’s a good series so far.
    All reviews are biased

The 210 has modular console what else is to update?its a boat with rod boxes and livewells and looks like every other brand out..
    I think thats the point he was getting at. Its just a boat, a damn good one but just a boat with rod boxes and livewells that is asking a premium price. In his eyes and I agree, you aren't getting what you are paying for. A few small things and it would be an amazing boat that has all the small details that you expect in a premium brand boat.

Overall he did score the boat well but Man what is up with the trailer issues? From what I'm hearing all the 210's suck getting them on the trailer? If so then its certainly things like this that will kill sales. Amazing boat but death by a million small cuts.......
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jarhead175 View Post
    All reviews are biased

What was biased about the review? I’ll assume you watched both boats videos before you answer.

13. Banned
    What was biased about the review? I’ll assume you watched both boats videos before you answer.
    Everyone's opion is biased in one way or another unless they have no knowledge of subject.

14. Member
    I watched all of the videos twice. I thought his review was pretty decent. There are some things that need to be improved as with ANY boat. Charger made a bunch of improvements to the 210 that are more structural. The 210 is a solid boat! His issues with the trailer is certainly caused by those fancy, wide tires and wheels. The boat sits higher so it clears the fender wells effecting how it comes of and on the trailer. I have launched my by myself several times and I can say it goes on and off easier than any boat I’ve been in. I will be watching the rest of the series as I think he is doing a good job.

15. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    This is the first I heard of a hard loading 210 but I could see if you option for the wide wheels which totally changes the trailer

16. Banned
    This is the first I heard of a hard loading 210 but I could see if you option for the wide wheels which totally changes the trailer
    I was wondering if he had the trailer too deep. Owner claimed to have issues too, so who knows.

17. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    I was wondering if he had the trailer too deep. Owner claimed to have issues too, so who knows.
    I was wondering the same. If I get mine too deep, it's a bitch to load and get it on the bunks straight.

18. Member
    From someone who's last boat had all the bells and whistles, plain is good. Give me a solid hull with no frills cap throw in a handful of toggle switches, fixed jackplate, let me pick 2 depth finders and an ultrex at a non premium price and I would be happy. If you keep a boat long term you will constantly be repairing/replacing all kinds of electrical gadgets. Go look through all of the boat pages on here and almost everyone has issues listed. Lots of people dont experience these issues because they upgrade every 2-5 years. I kept my previous boat 12 years. My dads previous charger was still going after 20 years with very minimal issues. My brother still has his 94 champion with original motor going strong.

19. Banned
    [QUOTE=Capt.Bryan;11348360]From someone who's last boat had all the bells and whistles, plain is good. Give me a solid hull with no frills cap throw in a handful of toggle switches, fixed jackplate, let me pick 2 depth finders and an ultrex at a non premium price and I would be happy. If you keep a boat long term you will constantly be repairing/replacing all kinds of electrical gadgets. Go look through all of the boat pages on here and almost everyone has issues listed. Lots of people dont experience these issues because they upgrade every 2-5 years. I kept my previous boat 12 years. My dads previous charger was still going after 20 years with very minimal issues. My brother still has his 94 champion with original motor going strong.[/QUOTE

I agree with you....no frills is okay. What's not okay is no frills at a premium price. that's the complaint.

20. Kansas Bass Club Moderator
    I’m betting this “charger Champion” is the best champion hull ever made.
    Last edited by H2O_Fowl; 08-31-2020 at 09:02 PM.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast