Thread: Roasting

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
  1. Member
    I’m biting me tongue Grout! The only reason Charger is in this game is because they were employed to do so. By whom? Champion guys! Who are on here bashing and not buying shit! **** you!

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wishitwasbigger View Post
    I’m biting me tongue Grout! The only reason Charger is in this game is because they were employed to do so. By whom? Champion guys! Who are on here bashing and not buying shit! **** you!

The only reason why Charger is “in this game”, is because Kelly Power convinced Dorris to make a boat that they could sale. Seems to have worked, how many old Chargers have been made this year? ZERO? Then you want to act like a titty baby because you don’t like that Ken said “I can’t see what the buttons are in the dark”. Dude, go get yourself some big boy panties and quit worrying about what someone else says.

What would I gain by buying a new Charger?

quick image upload
    Last edited by grout-scout; 09-18-2020 at 09:31 PM.

3. Banned
    Oh now Charger would have made their what? 50-60 boats like they always do. Just now people (a lot over seas) wants the Champion hull. If your buying i would love a 596 had Champs before i like the Charger hull more someday I'll win the lottery.

4. Member
    I'm Dam glad they are building them ! Hell all good brands are expensive.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jarhead175 View Post
    Oh now Charger would have made their what? 50-60 boats like they always do. Just now people (a lot over seas) wants the Champion hull. If your buying i would love a 596 had Champs before i like the Charger hull more someday I'll win the lottery.

I know Stompy sure praises the 596 and I believe him. We don’t get to see them in South Texas, seems to be 70% Skeeter, 20% Champion and then a mix of BassCat & Ranger.

6. Banned
    Charger frustrates it's owners. They build X number of boats, act like they could careless about glass boat sales. Everyone knows they could sale more, make more, and take a larger share of the market. But they do their thing and it works for them guys are still buying their boats.

7. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    one reason you don’t see many as others is because charger does not do pro team deals or the big pay backs if you look at all the boats for sale they are 1 year old and my new one is being built got to sell or you can order your colors and pick but up in November.
    They have built Charger hulls this year and in fact a 596 is just about ready to ship .They have built 475 and 2230 bay etc Joe just found it easier to take a 210 and use it as there was no real redesign involved so that’s faster and a lot cheaper.Kelly said he could sell 200 a year but that’s not happening way to many other new boats and loyal guys and than not enough customers as a new boat is now a luxury item 75 ,000+.The other problem you have is warranty just look at every boat company all have tons of problems it’s a nightmare.The toons have very few comebacks .My Playcraft has been flawless every year as has the Honda so that tells me they made good profit on it.If joe can sell a few bass boats that’s great because the fiberglass department builds parts for Playcraft so it’s a good marriage with little cost involved.For 45 years it’s a formula that worked so why change it?

8. Banned
    I commend Charger for their direction and focus. As a small business owner, I really cant stand it when customers or others tell me how to run my business. If its worked for 45 years and they are happy with that, carry on!

That said, I hope they champ hulls are successful as I would like to upgrade to a used one when the time is right.

9. Member
    Bottom line is this for ME. I would have rather seen another boat company revive this hull. The Dorris’s have done nothing new to it or even their own heritage line of boats. It tells me that this line will not improve or evolve. If a 797 or 596 are so great, why I have I never seen one on the lake? I live in East Texas where bass fishing is a way of life. The Dorris’s don’t care about glass boats. Its pretty simple. I started this thread to show their lack of commitment. Not to anger Charger Elite owners. I wanted to buy one. But I refuse to pay 2020 pricing on a 2009 product.
    I have owned 3 Champs.
    http://www.bbcboards.net/images/attach/bmp.gif
    Attached Images Attached Images

10. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Lol they did change things like the center box ,the back deck ,livewells,,the seating position,the consoles are all fiberglass,the cooler is deeper,the transom is now a 4 inch thick fiberglass unit.They reinforced the transom with different brace ,the nose of the boat has longer more strength on the stringers.Plus it has a lifetime warranty unlike the old champion.Tgey gave you trailer options c,box,aluminum plus wide wheels or standard wheels .There willl be things added over the years as with all boats.So there are things different.
    Dealers are not like car dealers as they never advertise on tv and seldom are at boat shows in other words you have to be a salesman and get out there and knock on doors.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Almag6 View Post
    I commend Charger for their direction and focus. As a small business owner, I really cant stand it when customers or others tell me how to run my business. If its worked for 45 years and they are happy with that, carry on!

That said, I hope they champ hulls are successful as I would like to upgrade to a used one when the time is right.
    What he said.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Elite203 View Post
    What he said.
    so very true

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx Champ View Post
    I'm interested in seeing his review of Caymus since a lot of their staff came from Ranger. It also looks like they've gone to a deeper V hull on their glass boats.
    The former Ranger guys started Vexus Boats.

The Caymus is an Earl Bentz company.
    2016 Ranger RT188 Charcoal Metallic Dual Console
    2017 Yamaha 115 VMAX SHO SS Prop
    Lowrance Elite 7Ti in console
    Humminbird Helix 10 SI on BBT Bow Mount

Humminbird Helix 10 SI on a BalZout @ Console
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80 - 24V i-Pilot Link
    Transducer Shield Mount
    Custom step in place of center seat
    Trick Step

14. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDozer66 View Post
    The former Ranger guys started Vexus Boats.

The Caymus is an Earl Bentz company.
    I meant Vexus ... guess I had a brain fart

15. Member
    The Charger forum hasn’t seen this much activity since they released the 210! Good to see some traffic here!

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TOUCH OF CLASS View Post
    Lol they did change things like the center box ,the back deck ,livewells,,the seating position,the consoles are all fiberglass,the cooler is deeper,the transom is now a 4 inch thick fiberglass unit.They reinforced the transom with different brace ,the nose of the boat has longer more strength on the stringers.Plus it has a lifetime warranty unlike the old champion.Tgey gave you trailer options c,box,aluminum plus wide wheels or standard wheels .There willl be things added over the years as with all boats.So there are things different.
    Dealers are not like car dealers as they never advertise on tv and seldom are at boat shows in other words you have to be a salesman and get out there and knock on doors.
    +1 on that dude!!!

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx Champ View Post
    I meant Vexus ... guess I had a brain fart
    It happens brother!
    2016 Ranger RT188 Charcoal Metallic Dual Console
    2017 Yamaha 115 VMAX SHO SS Prop
    Lowrance Elite 7Ti in console
    Humminbird Helix 10 SI on BBT Bow Mount

Humminbird Helix 10 SI on a BalZout @ Console
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80 - 24V i-Pilot Link
    Transducer Shield Mount
    Custom step in place of center seat
    Trick Step

18. Member
    I see Ken just did a Bullet review. What’s up next? Z21 Nitro?

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat tyler View Post
    I see Ken just did a Bullet review. What’s up next? Z21 Nitro?

Phoenix is his next review I believe.

20. Member
    It was a great review. The ride had the dude grinning ear to ear. He pointed out a few dated features and where there was room for improvement. Some of his criticisms were a bit ticky tacky but everyone is different. His main point is that Charger is sitting on possibly the best boat on the market in almost every respect save for a few small and easy updates. I don't get the but hurt. I am the epitome of a champion homer and I loved the review. He gave nothing but great constructive criticism. The boat does need some modernization and Charger did not do the hull any favors by staying overly mired in the past when they built it:

1: Update the dash to accommodate larger graphs
    2: Update the bow to accommodate multiple graphs by using up the space taken up by the starboard bow step.
    3: Make better slide out boxes
    4: Get a little better on fit and finish
    5: Make a real cooler lid. Skeeter did it
    6: Ditch the stupid wide wheel trailer
    7: Add a day box to the front deck somewhere. The room is there.

That's it.
    '98 187 Elite, 175 EFI (Serial 0G750796)

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast