Thread: Roasting

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    It’s totally a custom boat! You make the choices. The package boat listed about give you 6 color choices, no motor choices,electronics trolling motor, carpet, trailer, lighting and the list goes on. You order a boat from the other brands with what you want, the price will be no where near that package price.

2. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    That’s truth let’s say cover and a few other options the price goes way up

3. Banned
    Its about as custom as any other brand. Seems every boat reviewed by Ken has the diehards riled up.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    Its about as custom as any other brand. Seems every boat reviewed by Ken has the diehards riled up.
    we will have to agree to disagree on the custom thing. And you’re right, ken has us fired up, but watching the ranger reviews he makes several compliments to bass cat and Charger after comparing to the ranger. I will keep watching the series as I do think it is informative.

5. Member
    No contingency. How about giving a free boat away to a random charger owner each year at the owner’s tournament? I know damn good and well that I would still be in my 496 if I didn’t win!9694027A-DCF8-4662-AFBE-7FB4987A7356.jpeg

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post

Humorous thing is, these same defensive guys were talking crap when Charger decided to copy the 210. “They need to update what they already have, not make a Champion”.... and now, they are defending the very boat that they didn’t want to begin with.

7. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    To me just make the console face bigger would of helped and put Champion by charger boats on the side so people understand.Its amazing guys can’t tell the difference between a ranger hull and champion hull I guess because they never saw a champion in 20 years.Remember it was stratos for a while.

8. Member
    You’re right Grout. Not really the path that we would like to see Charger taking but it is was it is. They are not building them for the Champion guys, they are building them for specific dealers. Most of the diehard Champ guys are not buying these boats. I think most were burned by the conglomerate that bought them and have had enough.

9. Banned
    You guys have no reason to be/get defensive, it’s an awesome boat. Ken was in the boat for a few short hours and is just giving a quick synopsis of what he’s seeing as a non-owner. Nothing’s rehearsed and it’s not full of sales pitches, just an angler, like us showing off a few pros & cons.

10. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    The pro should of been a rough loz weekend than he would of been more than impressed

Quote Originally Posted by wishitwasbigger View Post
    Attachment 423014Attachment 423015Attachment 423016Not sure what Ken Smith was talking about on the switches? And right next the switch panel is a USB port and cell phone holder??
    He was talking about the wording on the switch panel not being lit up.. I don't have a USB port on mine, but it is 2yrs old. Gonna have to win another, I guess.
    I got nothin

No contingency. How about giving a free boat away to a random charger owner each year at the owner’s tournament? I know damn good and well that I would still be in my 496 if I didn’t win!9694027A-DCF8-4662-AFBE-7FB4987A7356.jpeg
    I'd be in my 396 too.
    I got nothin

13. Member
    Attachment 423014Attachment 423015Attachment 423016Not sure what Ken Smith was talking about on the switches? And right next the switch panel is a USB port and cell phone holder??
    Nice to see these are standard things on the 210, was a little shocked at first when I saw it didnt have a few of those things

14. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    I just put 2 of the usb chargers in my side by side they were like 7 bucks for a twin pkg.

15. Banned
    Nice!

16. Member
    Thanks GBS! You have to be smart buying one. Eliminate some colors and frills, drops the price big time!

17. Banned
    life's too short get what you want, when you want, till you can't, and wishing you had.

18. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    The 2 free draw boats were always a better deal than the contingency money for us.

Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    You guys have no reason to be/get defensive, it’s an awesome boat. Ken was in the boat for a few short hours and is just giving a quick synopsis of what he’s seeing as a non-owner. Nothing’s rehearsed and it’s not full of sales pitches, just an angler, like us showing off a few pros & cons.
    I just wish he'd have waited till the end of the reviews to announce he wouldn't be buying a 210. Did he do that to the others?
    I got nothin

Don't forget Ken did state that the boat was loaded to the tops of every compartment so he tested it very heavy.

That is one area I feel he failed in his scoring but he did like the ride. I didn't agree with his opinion on the trailer only because every boat likes something different when it comes to loading it on the trailer. As an owner you will figure that out. Another scoring fail. Just Say'in

His reports are just another tool in a new boat search and not the final gospel.

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"
    Own the Champ! Life Long Petty Fan!

2003 ChampioN 2006 250 Merc. XB, Prop By Mark C.
    2002 Ranger Okeechobee Special EvinRude Ficht 90 / 9.9 4-Stroke GLAD to have a Get me to the Dock motor maybe!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast