Vessel view question for early optimax

I have a 2003 135 optimax and can't seem to find the port with the yellow cap to install vessel view. The serial number is:
    OT748428. Any help to find that yellow cap would be awesome

2. Member
    Mine is newer 2016 looking at back of engine right side toward the front where the cowl makes the turn. The yellow cap is a resistor that plugs into the harness. On my instruction it said you may have to buy something if it didn't have it. don't remember all the info but it was on the instructions I like mine the only thing, is it don't show faults or i don't know how to pull them up Cub48

3. Member
    I think I found it, but it has a black cap with 2 rows of 5 green pins in the cap. There is a red, purple,black, white, and blue wire in bottom connection. It is purple inside the connector. Anybody know parts or numbers I need to make vessel view mobile work with this?

4. Member
    Am pretty sure VVM will only display currently active faults.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

5. Member
    Fox i called Mercury yesterday and talked to Adam we got my VVM working correct. It wasn't reading the codes but was displaying that it had a fault, Now it gives more detail like i made a fault and it said i had a sensor problem to check my intake. and there was more also. Adam was very helpful and I am pleased with My call to Mercury. Cub48

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PartTimeNd View Post
    I think I found it, but it has a black cap with 2 rows of 5 green pins in the cap. There is a red, purple,black, white, and blue wire in bottom connection. It is purple inside the connector. Anybody know parts or numbers I need to make vessel view mobile work with this?
    I can't help with your questions since you have an older Optimax, hopefully Don, Joe54, or someone else who knows, will see your post and reply. Don will know for sure with serial number you posted.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax