Thread: ELGIN

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seems like there was some unpleasantness in a few threads just before he left. I hope that wasn't a problem. He was great to have around and I hate to think he got run oft. Maybe one of his buds could talk to him... hint hint
    1994 201 Champ re-powered with a 250 HO G2 E250LHAFA 05438419

2. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    ERE' body has tried....he's not answering....

3. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 86 inches View Post
    Seems like there was some unpleasantness in a few threads just before he left. I hope that wasn't a problem. He was great to have around and I hate to think he got run oft. Maybe one of his buds could talk to him... hint hint
    I know the man. I've been to his house and broke bread with him and his family as has Bassmeister. I've reached out countless times via Text, Phone, and email plus IM here no response. I'm not going to make any suppositions on how or why. I'm convinced he's gone again I must have pissed him off good. I've apologized to him via text and email and no response. I've been knowing him since 04. He's a great guy and I hope we are still friends.

Sounds like he has some good friends here. I hope he realizes that.

It's very obvious to all that has spent time on the E-rude forum the last few months that Elgin knows the brand and is a top notch tech. That said I would hope his skin is thick enough to not let the internet burn threw it. I don't know the man but I know men like him. He dished it out here plenty and I suspect he can take it just as well. So, me thinks something has happened to him or he got real busy with something. Hopefully, if he wanted, a job with one of the manufacturers left. It seems to me they would all benefit from having a tech that good on staff. I bet he made some good friends in the Pro world over the years and if Pro's were asking the brand they use for him to be on staff it would probably happen.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

6. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    The man helped me repower my rig with an 03 Dfi engine.....I've always said that those engines were only as good as the guy setting them up....I ran that engine HARD for 12 years following his advise to keep them healthy....glitches that would show up a text or phone call would lead me to the right conclusion....Champ and I have hung out with him on the tourney trails and met some incredible people....even them Merc guys.... That said....he KNOWS these engines and only Seahorse is anyone that I think would know more...I wish I knew what makes him tick as I would definately wind his clock.....John boy.....come home bud....

Quote Originally Posted by Bassmeister View Post
    ...he KNOWS these engines and only Seahorse is anyone that I think would know more....

Thanks for the kind word but I have to defer to ELGIN as being the more knowledgeable tech and having more experience with the later model engines than I do. Yeah, I miss the boy also.
    -----

A Technical troubleshooter possessing more tools than talent !

8. Member
    just hoping he is ok.

9. Member
    C’mon back Rusty.

10. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
    C’mon back Rusty.
    +1

2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live

11. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    C’mon back Rusty.
    You could always go see Steve and see if he's heard anything from him.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    You could always go see Steve and see if he's heard anything from him.
    Good idea, I need some 2+4 anyway so I’ll run by there next week between Zoom meetings.

Good idea, I need some 2+4 anyway so I’ll run by there next week between Zoom meetings.
    I'm guessing that didn't go so well....

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 86 inches View Post
    I'm guessing that didn't go so well....
    86, life got in the way unfortunately. My company, out of the blue, offered me a buyout package. My wife and I headed for the hills to soak our heads and weigh our options. Perhaps I can get by to see Steve this week.

15. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    86, life got in the way unfortunately. My company, out of the blue, offered me a buyout package. My wife and I headed for the hills to soak our heads and weigh our options. Perhaps I can get by to see Steve this week.
    Good luck with your decision hope it works out in your favor.

16. Member

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordmann View Post
    It’s Alive! C’mon Elgin, bring you a$$ back to the BBC.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12