188vs electronics mounting options?

I just got an 07 Ranger 188vs a few days ago. I wanted to see how people mounted their electronics (fishfinders/graphs) around the console and at the bow, as this boat is completely different than my last one.

I was able to mount my HDS 9 Carbon on top of the console on the last boat but it would not work or look ridiculous on this one. I'm not sure if I can just mount the gimbal bracket to the part where the speedo and tach is and then relocate them, as I think the unit may hit the steering wheel. - The boat is in the shop right now getting checked out and couldn't find the bracket before it went in.
    Also have an HDS 7 g3 was going to put at the bow. I was wondering if I could cut the bezel that houses the old lms unit to make it bigger, so that it would have that same look, only its a gen 3 7 instead of an lms unit.

Eventually I will have 2 units at the console so I'm just curious if anyone has a similar style boat, to see what their setup looks like.

Thanks!
    Wishin I Was Fishin...

2. Member
    Not sure how similar my 2000 R83 is to yours but at the bow I had a Garmin 160 flush mounted in the bow plate. That meant there was a 4" hole cut into the plate. I was looking around for something to fit over the hole which would allow me to mount the new Garmin ECHOMAP Plus 73sv. Don't laugh, but I ended up finding a cutting board ($1.84) at Walmart that I cut down to size, painted and mounted over the hole, allowing me to then mount my ECHOMAP. I then decided to add a ECHOMAP Plus 63cv at the helm. I ended up getting a RAM Mount to add it. I kept the old 160 that was at the helm (ECHOMAP transducer will be out of the water when on plane) to use while running. Was able to use the existing hole for the cables so I ended up only with 4 new screw holes at the helm.

Here's what it looks like.
    GARMIN 1.jpgGRAPH COVER.jpg
    Can't really see the bow mount but I used the Garmin mount that came with it so it tilts and swivels.

3. Member
    Thanks Kyrangerman.

That's actually what I'm thinking of doing for this year on the console, either customize a cutting board or buy hdpe and make a new bezel to attach graph, if clearances allow; but never thought about it for the bow. I might end up doing that to finish the season, until I get another unit for the console.

I also haven't seen the double graph on the right hand side so that's another option for me to consider as I think my layout is fairly similar to yours.

Appreciate you sharing.
    Wishin I Was Fishin...

4. Member
    You use a gimbal mount on the side of the console,even if there’s not a flat area,Ranger has adapter plates to fit the contours of the console. On the bow,I would get a spanner bracket that goes over the front of the TM pedal.

5. Member
    The nice thing about the RAM mount is that I can lay it over so that when I'm trailering the boat with the cover on it's out of the way.