USA First Trip to Fork

Hi guys, Heading down to Lake Fork for the first time next week to spend time with some old Navy buddies. Any ideas what to expect fishing wise? I know its tough fishing up here in OK. Not looking for anybody's juice, just some basic ideas and what I should be looking for. If anyone needs help on Grand or other lakes up here, I'd be glad to return the favor, Thanks in advance.

2. Member
    Best advice is to get a guide the first day. It will money well spent.

Retired grass grower

ROCK CHALK

I would agree with getting a guide, even for a half day trip. I've not been out there in a few weeks, but fishing deep would be my go to. SRA point and around the dam. All main lake points to 30' and look for bait on your graph. CRig and deep cranks.. and even big spoons. Look up Billy Lawson on Facebook as YOURLAKEFORKGUIDE. He publishes an app called FishLyfe. you can subscribe for like $25 and he's got all his spots waypointed and suggestions on what to throw. Might be cheaper than a guide and get you some starting point idea's. If you've not ever been, I advise that you stay in the boat lanes on pad. Running area's that look open, there's actually 1000's of big tree's and stumps all over the lake. Plenty of business for the fiberglass, and lower unit repair guys...

also, lake turnover will start soon.. hope that's not going on when you arrive. Usually happens in late September.

4. Member
    Just got back last night from 4 days down there. You guys have a beautiful lake for sure. We caught quite a few fish with the biggest being right at 8lbs. That was the only BIG one. Caught probably 8 4-5lbers and a bunch of smaller keepers and shorts. Not sure I could get used to playing bumper boats with all of the stumps. Most fish were caught in the 10' range as my friends that went with me are not comfortable offshore fishing AT ALL.