Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Sounds amazing, are there any pics of the interior from above?
    Could you expect mid 70s with a 225 proxs v8?

2. Member
    I’ll get some pics and maybe a video of the interior when I get her cleaned up.

Great looking boat

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonrs View Post
    Sounds amazing, are there any pics of the interior from above?
    Could you expect mid 70s with a 225 proxs v8?
    I’ve got one coming that will be here in a few weeks that will have a 225 Mercury ProXS. Brian said he believes 73-74 loaded to fish. Once I get mine I can report back.

6. Member
    PM sent sir. Can't wait to hear some more data on this rig.
    Chris Coupel
    Paulina, La.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaBallistic View Post
    I’ve got one coming that will be here in a few weeks that will have a 225 Mercury ProXS. Brian said he believes 73-74 loaded to fish. Once I get mine I can report back.
    Excellent, thanks

8. Member
    why a 225? same motor as a 250 just slightly less money?
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mactlman View Post
    why a 225? same motor as a 250 just slightly less money?
    Well, my case is kinda interesting. I bought a used boat about a month ago and powered it with a brand new Mercury 225 before I decided to pull
    the trigger on the new ballistic. I bought an 8 year warranty with my motor and if I sold
    it, I’d have to buy an entire new warranty with the 250. To me, it just wasn’t worth it for the extra 25HP. Speed is not my major concern because even if I had a rig that could do 90, I never go over 65 anyway, lol. And it’s pretty cool that the 225 will pretty much give the entire spectrum of performance numbers that anyone could want on the .204.

I was curious about the 225 because im good with mid 70s, and i think there is a considerable difference between a 250r and 225xs in price. Insurance would probably be a little cheaper, gas a little less maybe? More interested in rough water ride/fishing. Great lakes type stuff. Im like you bama, dont find myself wringing her out anymore...

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonrs View Post
    I was curious about the 225 because im good with mid 70s, and i think there is a considerable difference between a 250r and 225xs in price. Insurance would probably be a little cheaper, gas a little less maybe? More interested in rough water ride/fishing. Great lakes type stuff. Im like you bama, dont find myself wringing her out anymore...
    Yep, lol. 65mph is plenty fast to me. I’m gonna let the guys at Duck River Marine test it out To see top speed. I’m guessing 74mph but like I say, if it did 100 I’d never know it.

12. Member
    Seen lots of times when that extra power can really get you out of a pickle, if i order a 204 it will have a 300 on her back. No one yet has given me distance from inside deck to inside deck measurements across the pedestal bow.Been running Ranger Z520L and its like 76 inches over the deck from wall to wall across the pedestal area, lots of room i love to fish from.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerRodney View Post
    Seen lots of times when that extra power can really get you out of a pickle, if i order a 204 it will have a 300 on her back. No one yet has given me distance from inside deck to inside deck measurements across the pedestal bow. Been running Ranger Z520L and its like 76 inches over the deck from wall to wall across the pedestal area, lots of room i love to fish from.
    mine will be here in a 2-3 weeks. I will give those measurements to you if no one has before then.

14. Member
    62” inside to inside across top of pedestal hole on front of 223..I believe the 204 is 68”..the range may be a little wider, but Ballistic is lots longer...Ballistic has one of the biggest front deck in the industry..
    Blazer 650 PRO /Nizpro SC SHO

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by falconpilot View Post
    62” inside to inside across top of pedestal hole on front of 223..I believe the 204 is 68”..the range may be a little wider, but Ballistic is lots longer...Ballistic has one of the biggest front deck in the industry..
    I’m interested in carpet to carpet across the Trolling motor foot pedal. To me, that’s where the .204 sets itself apart from everything else. That space is large and I didn’t have a tape measure to measures Craig’s boat, lol.

16. Member
    I’m interested in carpet to carpet across the Trolling motor foot pedal. To me, that’s where the .204 sets itself apart from everything else. That space is large and I didn’t have a tape measure to measures Craig’s boat, lol.

17. Member
    Carpet tp carpet width at the trolling motor foot pedal is 57", Width across the top of the pedestal hole on the front deck carpet to carpet is 64", Width at the very back of the front deck carpet to carpet is 79" and total front deck length carpet to carpet is 98".Length from carpeted front of the deck to the pedestal hole is 40" and length from the back of the front deck to the pedestal hole is 59". Hopefully that answers yall's questions. If you can think of any more measurements please let me know. Falconpilot has a .223 and I have a .204 so we can get y'all fixed up.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chass75 View Post
    Carpet tp carpet width at the trolling motor foot pedal is 57", Width across the top of the pedestal hole on the front deck carpet to carpet is 64", Width at the very back of the front deck carpet to carpet is 79" and total front deck length carpet to carpet is 98".Length from carpeted front of the deck to the pedestal hole is 40" and length from the back of the front deck to the pedestal hole is 59". Hopefully that answers yall's questions. If you can think of any more measurements please let me know. Falconpilot has a .223 and I have a .204 so we can get y'all fixed up.
    Ranger Z520 L IS 76 inches wide over the pedestal, if the Ball is 64 inches same place that a whole lot to give up on the front of that boat for fishing. Before i every ordered that 204 i would have to have one on the water some week end to actually get some fishing questions answered for sure.

19. Member
    Sharp looking rig, congrats.

20. Member
    Keep in mind that is a 20 ft boat with the length measured from the sponsons and the .204 is almost 22' with a much longer deck. I have not been in that model of a ranger but I have yet to see anything compare to the size of the actual fishing platform in a .223 or .204. Not to mention it probably weighs 500 lbs lighter than a ranger.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast