Keystone Power Dam a rare trip

Lately I have been fishing a lot of smaller lakes. I have been fishing the Que, Yellow Creek and of course a trip to Keystone. Now putting in at the Atwood launch is not easy. The lake is down and the dock is high and dry.

The sunken island is high and dry and that is where the story happens. It was 6:43 I got a phone call from a fishing buddy in Maryland. We were fishing the grass around the island, water depth was any where from 2 feet to 6 feet. Then the swirls started. And they were all around us. For an hour we pulled out more bass than i ever did in a life time. We were using a blue speckled senko no weight. We quickly discovered you didnt want to toss on top of the swirle but in front of it.

The water was full of large mouth feeding on thousands of bait fish and by luck we were in the right place at the right time. I didn't have my phone I had left it in the truck. I asked my buddy to send a photo from last night and I will post it later.
    Last edited by Fx20 2011; 08-27-2020 at 12:33 PM.

2. Member
    20200827_110734.jpg

This is what we were having fun with. Just keep getting better as the sun started to set.

Got to love nights like that. You can't throw back in fast enough!
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

4. Member
    that's a heck of a little lake, I've always liked it and have had good luck there, probably not like you're describing though, way to go man bet that was a blast.
    I've recently seen pictures on facebook of how low the water is, that's nuts
    THE MORE YOU SAY THE MORE WE UNDERSTAND AND ACCEPT YOU ANYWAYS

5. Member
    Nice catch. Days are fun when you can do that.

6. Member
    I read an article that there gonna fix up both launches at that lake.