20 hp suzuki propeller question aluminum or stainless??

I got to get a 10" pitch prop to finally get the boat running well. 8" too small 12" little too big. Was looking at solar props. 10 or 11" stainless. Would the stainless run any better on my 145 tiller/20 up suzuki?? Was wondering if anybody did a comparison. Thanks for the info.

2. Member
    Any little bit would help. Price on the aluminum vs stainless should not be that much of a difference in solas props.

3. Member
    Glad the 10" worked for you. I haven't managed to find anywhere selling a stainless solas prop, so can't compare. I doubt it will make much difference to the performance, but should be a bit more durable.

4. Member
    Ebay.

5. Member
    Ordered the 10" solas stainless from ebay. 135$ total. Should have it in time for vacation next friday.

6. Member
    Delete

7. Member
    Because a 20 hp doesn't have enough torque to flex the blades on an aluminum prop., performance gain would not be noticeable.

8. Banned
    performance may suffer going to a SS prop for a 20hp. Prop adds too much weight.

9. Member
    Gear case of a smaller motor usually is not as strong. Hit something with an alum prop, you tend to ding the prop. Hit object with SS and better chance to take out your gears.

10. Member
    Got the stainless in the mail. Quick shipping. Much better quality than the aluminum. Vacation starts fri. Performance data to follow.

11. Member
    Results not good. 12" aluminum was 22 gps. 10" stainless was a bit over 18 GPS also was bumping the rev limiter. Boat runs ok with just me in it but add another body and it doesn't want to get on plane.
    Escape 145 a Great little fishing boat. Towed up 200 miles with my fiesta 23 mpg. Motor ran forever on 3 gallons of gas. Actually used storage and for locker for the first time. Just gonna have to deal with bad performance till I can get a 30 hp.

12. Member
    How did it compare to the 10" aluminium prop?

13. Member
    Same. The 12" seems the way to go for the rest of this season. The low end on the 20 hp hits you like a damp feather. I may put it up for sale soon and start saving for a 30 hp.