Bought a used Tracker ProTeam 175 TXW today. Questions

I bought a 2017 ProTeam 175 TXW with 75hp today. It’s in like new condition, reportedly with only about 20 hours on it. Where can I get an owner’s manual for it and the Mercury? Here are some questions.

1. How does the powered livewell drain work? The lid says to pull the recirculating knob out and flip the switch. What/where is the recirculating knob?
    2. It included a fitted Tracker cover. Is the cover supposed to have any type of center support or fore/aft strap to support the middle of the cover? Can you pull the boat on the trailer with the cover on?
    3. A section of the rub rail is missing on the nose of the boat, reportedly it was delivered new that way. The seller thought that Tracker has a plastic nose cover that fits over that area. Does anyone know anything about this? If not, where’s the best source for short pieces of matching rub rail?
    4. The trolling motor pedal is mounted too close to the starboard side. The speed knob catches on the side of the well it sits in. Can the pedal be shifted to the port side without having to drill new holes in the well under the pedal?
    5. It only came with a single set of keys. Is it best to order spares from a dealer or can you get replacements made anywhere that makes keys?
    6. The black plastic around the console is faded somewhat. What’s the best product to use to restore the black color?
    7. I saw posted somewhere comments about adding LED lights under the rails. Does anyone have any details on how best to do this, to run the wires and where to mount a switch (or use remote control?).

Thanks All!

2. Member
    1) There should be two switches for pumps. One for fill and one for re-circulation. The fill pump of course fills the livewell and and if it gets too high it will flow out the overflow. The recirc pump takes water out of the tank and spits it out back into the livewell or out the back of the boat depending on the position of the valve. The valve is opened and closed by pulling or pushing the recirc nozzle in the livewell.

3) the front of the boat does have a lastic/rubber piece in place of the rubrail. Contact a dealer of look at great lakes skipper.

4) you will peobably need to drill new holes or just do not screw it back down. It should be able to lay in the tray if you are happy with that.

3. Banned
    On mine if you flip the switch and start filling you pull on the spout in the livewell and it pumps out.

Not sure about keys my guess would be you have to go to a dealer I doubt many places carry a key like that. I never pull mine out of the ignition so I don't worry about it.

With both seats up you do not need a center support. I have been told if you tighten the cover it is road worthy. I have pulled the back strap as tight as possible, tighten both the corner rachets, and i wouldn't pull it down the road theirs no way it wouldn't catch a lot of wind under it. But more than likely I am doing something wrong.

Move over and drill new holes mine was the same way.

4. Member
    Hi,
    The fitted Tracker cover works great...used it to move from SC to central Tx last December through rain and winter weather.
    You will appreciate having it. Put both in without the poles and tighten ratchets. I used some extra bungee cords and tent grommets to tighten down for highway speeds. If in your yard, you don’t need them. I have a 2019 TXW tournament edition if you have any other questions.

5. Member
    I use the Aerospace 303 on my vinyl components and seats to restore the color and protect.
    Why not place the foot pedal into the recessed trolling tray?
    1989 Coleman Crawdad
    55 lb Minn Kota Endura Max

6. Member
    An actual key shop will be able to make your keys, they are the only place that will have the correct key blanks.

7. #FRB
    On the livewell the aerator fills the livewell and that's it. The recirculator pump recirculates with the valve in one position and pumps out in the other position. Both of these switches can be switched to "timer" to just run for a minute or so every several minutes. If your aerator starts sucking air and won't fill the livewell just fire the big motor and throw it into reverse for a second to force water into the intake and you're good to go. Make sure to turn the aerator off before you move to another spot to keep this from happening. If you keep it filling after the livewell is full you might end up overflowing and getting water in the bilge (been there done that even though there's an overflow to an outlet underwater) so I put it on timer after full and use the recirculator on constant or timer depending on how many fish are in there.

You'll figure it out.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

8. Banned
    #3. The rubber rub rail strip is continuous all the way around, except the stern. 34147EBE-79E3-40E9-85AB-D4C60681EF5F.jpeg

9. Member
    Guys, thanks for the responses and great answers. Here’s what I’ve found or plan on doing.

- I will clean all the vinyl and treat with 303. Have already cleaned the cover (before the storm from Hurricane Laura) but have not yet been able to treat it with 303
    -The nose is missing the rub rail from the tip of the bow for probably 8-10” on each side. I’ve now seen photos of the rubber piece that fits over the nose but believe that the continuous rub rail looks better. The dealer servicing it was not familiar with the the cover but was going to look it up.
    -Great Lakes Skipper has lots of Tracker parts but not the nose piece
    -The trolling motor foot pedal is mounted in the tray but is touching the starboard side of the tray where it rubs and interferes with smooth operation. I’ll do as recommended and re-drill the screw holes to move it more to the port side.
    -I’ll look into the tent grommets and extra bungees for the cover. I’m planning on a 6 hour drive (one way) to fish the La marsh in late October and would like to be able to trailer it covered.
    - I ordered a matching spare tire and mount which is supposed to arrive tomorrow.
    - I bought and will install bright white waterproof LED strips inside the compartments and red LEDs on the decks. At 68, it takes more light for me to see and I need to be able to better see inside the compartments when it’s not bright outside.
    - Have any of you added a stainless prop? Which do you have, are you pleased with it, what would you recommend?

I’ll be glad when I get it back from the dealer. The local Tracker dealer told me I would have to leave it with him for 3 weeks before he could even get to it, so I drove 70+ miles one way to another dealer who was not as backed up in his service department. I hope to get it back in time to give it a really good cleaning and then take it out this weekend.

10. Banned
    Contact Powertech props and tell them the speed/rpms at wot and about the hole shot. They will tell you exactly what you need in a stainless 4 blade prop but it's not cheap.

11. Member
    I have had several Dowco covers. It has gone Pa to Fla 5 or 6 times. Also Pa to Maine more than that with the cover on. No problems whatsoever, 15,000 miles

12. Member
    I swapped to the Spitfire X7 13x17 SS 4 Blade prop and it's pretty much just right for the 75 HP. It also improved reversing quite a bit.