Echomap + 93SV mounted above the wheel????

Thinking of moving my Garmin 93sv from the side of the helm to above the wheel and wondering if any of you have done this (with any brand of fish finder really) and how did you do it and/or what did you use to do it?

Mostly want to do this incase the screen pops out, like I have heard they do, and it would have a better chance of falling into the boat instead of the lake. I do have rubber bands around it to help with that but wanting to try to move it if possible.

I have an 05 PT 185.
    2005 PT 185 Special Edition
    60hp Tracker Marine
    80# Minn Kota Terrova
    Garmin Echomap UHD 93sv
    Garmin Echomap Plus 73cv

I have the 2009 PT 170 TX. I removed the gas gauge (is not accurate anyway), and put a RAM C base with cable cover in its place. Used it for small units and a 10" Humminbird 1198's for a while=too heavy.
    Then I added a custom mount with the RAM C base and cable cover with 1/4" plexiglass backing. I use the vertical angle to hang larger units with their gimbal mounts. The added mount is also attached to the top of the console--had to remove the windshield to do that.

This was during the design phase of the vertical mount:

This is a Helix 5 using the RAM mount without the angle attached:

This is a Helix 5 using the RAM mount and angle attached since I was going to also have a larger unit in its place later that same day:

This is using the angle with a Humminbird 12" SOLIX, currently using a Humminbird Helix 12.

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL