Thread: ABA Tour Info

ABA Tour Info

So I’m considering fishing the ABA Tour instead of club tournaments since they seem to only pull 10-15 boats per event which I like the smaller events personally (not big on crowds... or groups of people). Does anyone here fish it and if so how do you like it? Also are there coanglers for the Tour? When looking at the results there’s a section for coanglers but it’s blank, it’d be kind of cool to fish without a co during events haha.

thank you guys.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

2. Member
    I have,i would probably again,the last couple years the scheduling was not attractive to me,they are run well,in the old days if they were boater heavy they drew a boater/boater draw,i think now a boater can fish alone,if there boater heavy

I do like it, have done several. It`s a well run. Payouts are good for top 2 or 3 spots, I think they pay 1 in 5. If not enough Co anlgers there will be boaters fishing alone,seems like every year there are more co anglers though. Scheduling is good,at least it stays in NY.
    2016 BassCat Cougar FTD

4. Member
    Do coanglers fish against the boaters? Only reason I’m asking is under the results And standings there’s no columns differentiating the cos and boaters, just one column
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

5. Member
    No. Boater vs boater. Co vs co.

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    I fished ABA in PA and enjoyed it. Most of the time I was fishing alone and preferred that format, tournaments were well run.
    2018 Ranger RT188 SC Black/115 hp Yamaha SHO 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - north
    2018 Ranger RT188 DC Black/115 hp Merc Pro XS 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - south
    14' Mirrorcraft tin boat (ancient) with a 9.9 Mercury 4-stroke, no electronics; catches fish anyway

7. Member
    It depends what your talking about. ABA Bass Pro Shops Open Series is boat v boater, co v co and pulls around 60+ boats on average. ABA AFT (American Fishing Tour) is a old school draw format where boaters and cos are fishing for the same prize pool. Generally much smaller events with 10-15 boats for most regions.

Im assuming your talking about AFT and can confirm its an old draw format where you as a boater will randomly get paired with a non boater and will be fishing for the same prize money. However in both circuits they dont require equal boaters to non boaters so there are often less non boaters and you often get to fish alone but that's random luck of the draw.