Crankbait Colors

Whats your favorite crankbait color for perch/bluegill forage lakes?

Firetiger

I pay more attention to the ambient light than the forage. Bright days = bright colors like chrome, etc. Dark days = darker colors like crawdad, etc. Stained water = Chartreuse, orange, red.

4. Member
    DD22 in spring craw!

Strike King's Chartreuse Perch is a really good all around color in my opinion, and probably my favorite across any brand. It works in dirty water and clean water and imitates both perch and bluegill really well I think. I wish other companies made the same!

Rapala's Hot Mustard and Perch patterns are ones I throw in the DT series.

I've been really high on the Berkley Digger and especially the Dredger lately as well...their Green Gill color is probably my favorite there, though I also like "Rubbertail" in clearer water.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

6. Member
    Chartreuse/black back is my go-to color. I've tried quite a few more realistic bluegill color schemes and just haven't had the same success with them. The only exception would be in clearer water when I go with more of a clear chartreuse which has a more translucent body.

If the water is reasonably clear, I'll go with just a natural bluegill pattern. I've really become fond of 6th Sense squarebills and they have some nice bluegill colors. Otherwise, it's chartreuse with either a black or brown back. The Rapala DT fat in hot mustard has been a favorite of mine for a good while.

8. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    The KVD 1.5 has a color they call pumpkinseed that literally looks like a Bluegill. I use it a lot!

I throw the Little John a lot, I really only need 2 colors, Watermelon/red and the chartreuse/white. In the am I throw the chartreuse/white and then I switch over to the watermelon red once it gets around 10 am.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

9. Member
    I was just looking at luckycraft 1.5 squarebill colors on ebay. Some great bluegill colors. Some dark, some light. They look great to match bluegill and perch. Any natural colors maybe with some striping seem to always work. I am gonna pick up some gold colors This winter. Bandit has some nice colors also.

10. Member
    What's been working for me in clear water:
    Spro Rk55 Phantom Green
    River2Sea Tactical Green Pumpkin Craw
    Damiki DC300 Ayu
    Strike King KVD HC Flat Side 1.5 Sexy Ghost Minnow

Firetiger

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs