Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    The old champ was not much to look at but the ride is what sold it .In today’s world I here guys all the time it’s so rough out there well ya when your not in deep V boat it’s going to be no better than a flat jon boat hitting waves.

Something he would not have probably noticed about this boat is they don't use SS screws, unless that has changed. Brackish or salt water lets you know pretty quick. The adhesive they use on the fenders (not SS) to attach the diamond plate eat up the coating right down to bare metal and the diamond plate falls off.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

3. Banned
    Goodness, they are still crying....

Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    Well manufacturers would do well to listen to a perspective such as his IMO. Not everyone geeks out on the manufacturing processes that may appear better on paper yet result in no real world tangible benefit.
    Overall we are satisfied with the job he’s done and the ethics he’s shown, as a normal regional angler who spends a lot of time on the water.

BCB

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    Overall we are satisfied with the job he’s done and the ethics he’s shown, as a normal regional angler who spends a lot of time on the water.

BCB

Whether it’s intended or not I don’t know, but it comes across as a dig to me every time you end your post with your disclaimer making sure we all know he is just a normal weekend angler and not an ‘expert’. 99.999% of us are identical so technically Ken represents a very knowledgeable boat buyer.

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by barbarian View Post
    Whether it’s intended or not I don’t know, but it comes across as a dig to me every time you end your post with your disclaimer making sure we all know he is just a normal weekend angler and not an ‘expert’. 99.999% of us are identical so technically Ken represents a very knowledgeable boat buyer.

yep! A jab of some sort everytime, glad I wasn’t the only one to see it.

No jab guys on most the way you few press it, he said he’s no boat expert and he does spend a lot of time on the water. Actually more time than most especially with his engine hours. Won’t matter how we end if your looking for something in a true statement.

Your making the jab, not us, and we said long ago we accepted the review as solid before other boats were done. We didn’t call him a weekend angler in that, we called him a regional angler as he fished all over Texas. Big state and lots of water in Texas and he’s a more knowledgeable angler, and he knows a lot of good anglers.

I forgot to mention the two screws they put threw the fuel tank to secure the grab handle under the seat. Go Charger, keep building them boats with monkeys and cheap hardware.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    No jab guys on most the way you few press it, he said he’s no boat expert and he does spend a lot of time on the water. Actually more time than most especially with his engine hours. Won’t matter how we end if your looking for something in a true statement.

Your making the jab, not us, and we said long ago we accepted the review as solid before other boats were done. We didn’t call him a weekend angler in that, we called him a regional angler as he fished all over Texas. Big state and lots of water in Texas and he’s a more knowledgeable angler, and he knows a lot of good anglers.
    I am good with that. I loved my Puma and still brag about it. And y'all were excellent to me when I need it. I don't have it anymore because the top layout just wasn't what I wanted. I was just letting you know that is how many of us was reading it and if it wasn't intentional then be aware how some were taking it. Your reputation is about as high as it can get so it seemed odd and I was just letting you know.

I like the reviews actually. He's looking at things to look for when someone may be looking for another boat. I personally don't have the time to test every boat on the market but it does give some credit as what to look for. If any of you guys find the perfect boat, let me know.
    Personally, I'm waiting on the Triton review.

tracer1,

He did a good job on its what he “want(s) in a boat”, and not what everyone wants. He noted several key differences in timber use, open water and shallow water. There’s not a “perfect” boat for everyone as there’s no perfect truck. Thus you have Toyota, Chevy, Ford and Dodge Ram, even a Nissan today and soon to be a Tesla. Take your pick... That’s actually one of the quality aspects of his review as he’s not indicating his choice is anyone else’s. It’s what he wants in a boat.

I love these reviews and can't wait to see the next. I LOVED the Charger but not a fan of the trailer loading issues. I like that he gives out measurements as I can take those and compare it to my current rig. The 203 Hybrid is an amazing boat that I'm glad he did as I was never interested in a Bass Cat but glad I got to see it more than just a walk thru. Its certainly on the list for my next boat....or a Lynx. I'm glad he reviewed his boat the way he did as the certainly rules out purchasing a newer Ranger. All in all these are the best boat reviews I have seen and can't wait to see all the boats the he gets to review.
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

Ken sounds like he should be looking at the Lynx if he is considering Basscat.

Yes BBC, I understand that. I know he's looking at the things he wants/doesn't want. I was just saying it may give someone an idea of what to look for or not. If you're looking at one of the boats he has reviewed, I think it would help in the decision process, even if he's only looking for himself. I think it good what he's doing and looking forward to the next boat.

15. Member
    ken, lets review a caymas boat.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePA View Post
    I love these reviews and can't wait to see the next. I LOVED the Charger but not a fan of the trailer loading issues.
    Only thing I have to say is every boat I have owner loaded different than another. Just a matter of knowing and understand what it wants.

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"
    Own the Champ! Life Long Petty Fan!

2003 ChampioN 2006 250 Merc. XB, Prop By Mark C.
    2002 Ranger Okeechobee Special EvinRude Ficht 90 / 9.9 4-Stroke GLAD to have a Get me to the Dock motor maybe!

17. Member
    I think the jest of Ken's reviews are from the view of an angler, not the manufacturer. Any comparison by a manufacturer is going to be bias, that is not a bad thing just fact. There are things in Ken's reviews that he considers important which I don't consider as important. When I am considering a boat there are tons of technical info and video online, but it is all bias, each manufacturer is going to sell you on their boat, again as they should. I am in the market for a boat currently and talking to owners of particular brands and former owners and why they changed. Ken's reviews are another tool. One factor Ken mentioned in one of his reviews was location of dealer, I would add reputation of dealer as to service and customer satisfaction as very important.

I agree Kens reports are another tool in the box about a next boat purchase. That is where I am today. I'm not taking my Champion to the Big O when I go for good only because I think I should have a thin water boat there. I love my Champion but its not a thin water boat. As much as I like a glass boat for the ride at this point I might be better off looking at the Express might be the best option coming out of a Champion for thin water.

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"
    Own the Champ! Life Long Petty Fan!

2003 ChampioN 2006 250 Merc. XB, Prop By Mark C.
    2002 Ranger Okeechobee Special EvinRude Ficht 90 / 9.9 4-Stroke GLAD to have a Get me to the Dock motor maybe!

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    yep! A jab of some sort everytime, glad I wasn’t the only one to see it.
    You look for them.

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
    You look for them.
    Only a blind person couldn’t see them, heck this isn’t even a BCB thread (Charger 210) and they felt the need to talk about their review again. The Ranger guys didn’t get upset with Kens review. I doubt Kens videos will influence anyone into a certain brand, it’s just for entertainment.
    Last edited by grout-scout; 09-09-2020 at 10:45 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast