Thread: New bikes

New bikes

Has anyone been out checking out/ riding any new bikes? With Laconia Motorcycle week in NH going on I took a ride to Laconia Harley
    and rode a 2020 Ultra and a 2015 Road Glide Ultra CVO.
    Always nice to ride a few different machines when I have the opportunity. With covid all the factory demo rides seemed to have good away as well.

They were selling a ton of bikes in NH so they were bringing them in from other dealers. Even had a salesman there from Florida That I talked with but the prices were nothing special since they were selling so much.

Haven't been on anything new since I purchased my 2014 Ultra Classic. Not going to punish myself by trying out something new. Just about to hit 30,000 on this one.

3. Member
    I checked out some new bikes this winter and spring. Haven't seen any great prices. The wife wants a can am ryker next spring. I may get a smaller bike to ride with her. I am getting older and lighter smaller new bike is sounding good. My 92 ZZR 1100 is really great but at times it's a tank!! I would probably choose a kawasaki z400 as a commuter/ fun bike. Could get it at the same dealer as the ryker.
    I have been a Kawasaki guy since 82... But These KTM bikes are really catching my eye. The dukes look like fun to ride. Gonna be a tough choice this winter.
    I also have a long list of older bikes from the 80s that I have always wanted in the garage. I may have to start a thread of bikes wanted!! The market for old retro bikes is insane right now. Guys are grabbing up these 60s-80s bikes like crazy!! The way things are now I got real lucky with my 1250$ barn find 4 years ago!!

4. Kansas Bass Club Moderator
    My 17 Road glide has a little over 20k on it. Don’t plan on replacing it for a few more years at least. And even at that I might just put a new 124 in it when and if it’s ever ready for one.

5. Member
    I met that crew from Florida last year , great guys. I refuse to buy a bike from a dealer that has no prices on the bikes ... I had a salesman tell me the bike I was looking at was mid to upper 20's I said thanks anyway.
    I stopped by there last Saturday no tents nothing going on didn't bother going in I do buy parts and s100 there , I am itching for a new ride mine is a 13 RG 14k miles I really don't need a new bike it's a want thing
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

6. Member
    I keep adding stuff to my current bike, grip puppies and a box for the back to store helmet or gear in were the latest additions. If I ever get some great reviews on a touring windshield I’ll buy one. So far reviews are mixed on on windshield I find for the F800GS.

I bought this bike because it weighed almost half my Harley’s. Sometimes I look at even lighter bikes, but look online is all I’ve done.

I don't ride enough to look. Quite happy with my Victory. It serves it's purpose. I just passed 3400 miles.

Of course it's a 2015

8. Member
    I haven't been in a dealership in years. I'm near the end of my riding career and won't even consider a different bike. I've had my 84 Goldwing standard since the late 1990s. Bought and sold more than a dozen bikes since, but "Goonie" has always been at the top of the heap. Like most of us, I would like a new boat, truck, tractor, gun, etc. I wish I was as happy with all my other possessions as I am with my bike.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Took a spin on a brand new Road Glide special about weeks ago.
    was an awesome machine, the new Boom box was great the navigation was a big plus for me for long trips or areas I don't know well.
    the 114ci M8 had tons of power. was really impressed.
    and have plans to buy one soon.

10. Member
    I want to go test ride a Sport Glide and Heritage Classic, getting an itch to trade my Street Bob to get something new with the Milwaukee 8 in it. Liquid cooled Harley, who would have ever thunk it!

11. Kansas Bass Club Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    Took a spin on a brand new Road Glide special about weeks ago.
    was an awesome machine, the new Boom box was great the navigation was a big plus for me for long trips or areas I don't know well.
    the 114ci M8 had tons of power. was really impressed.
    and have plans to buy one soon.
    Can’t remember the exact HP on the 107 and 114 but I think both are around 85-87 HP respectively somewhere around that anyway. Torque is what really shines on them and where they make it at. But with a few mods they can make some crazy HP and torque.

The road glide is a mile eater. On the way back from sturgis this year with the wife on the back and all our luggage we were running 80-85 mph and passing cars with no problems. We got in behind 4 young guys on some sort of club style dynas that were hammering on them and we had zero problems keeping up. Matter of fact when we passed cars I had to let off so i didn’t run up on them. We were loaded down too. She packs heavy lol. As in kitchen sink heavy. Lol.

I already have the one picked out that I want and hopefully here in a couple months ill be able to pull the trigger.
    Road Glide Special is what im going with in the Billiard Red/Scorched White love the look of that bike

Quote Originally Posted by mean_dean View Post
    I want to go test ride a Sport Glide and Heritage Classic, getting an itch to trade my Street Bob to get something new with the Milwaukee 8 in it. Liquid cooled Harley, who would have ever thunk it!
    They have been aound for 6 years now. Actually 7 yrs with the new "21" model year coming out. Thats not even counting the MUSCLE and the other bike they built with the none Harley engine.

14. Member
    I did demo rides with factory HD and Indian when they came to town. I personally think the Indian is more like driving a new luxury car versus Harley more like driving a classic muscle car. I own a Harley and most people I ride with own the same. If I were to buy a new bike it would probably be the Indian Challenger,more modern water cooled bike like my Yamaha that I still have also.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    I already have the one picked out that I want and hopefully here in a couple months ill be able to pull the trigger.
    Road Glide Special is what im going with in the Billiard Red/Scorched White love the look of that bike
    Looks like your not " waiting" anymore Luke ! Congratulations.

The one thing that got me with the new bike is they took the Heel shifter off .. What a way to save a buck...

Quote Originally Posted by cape cod basser View Post
    Looks like your not " waiting" anymore Luke ! Congratulations.

The one thing that got me with the new bike is they took the Heel shifter off .. What a way to save a buck...
    They saved a buck and earned 50 more from the guys that would like to add one back on. Buddy of mine took the heel shifter off his 2007 Streetglide when he bought it. Personnaly I like the heel shifter as to not scuff the top of my boot. They have probably removed it to appeal to the younger crowd as they probably think the heel shifter is for old guys.