Got Me a Shield Today!!

Went to the LGS just to have a peek at their wares, not much on the shelves obviously. There sat a 9mm Shield, never was attracted to the M&P line but have heard tons of good comments about it. I left and was back in 15 minutes because for $399 why not right!! It's not the 2.0 and has the external safety lever. They had a 2.0 Performance Center that had a longer barrel, fiber optic sights, and a red dot scope but it allowed me to feel the trigger and the newer grips. The reason I left was to run by another shop right down the road and they had a Shield but it was the Crimson Trace and I didn't like the way the laser was built into the frame although it was also $399. Anyway I can't wait to put some rounds through her this weekend.

2. Member
    Nice! I’ve got the itch for a 1911

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by renegade150 View Post
    Nice! I’ve got the itch for a 1911
    Oh that itch never leaves me after having to let go of a Kimber TLE Stainless i bought in college back in 2006. I want a Springfield TRP so bad I can taste it. This was totally an impulse buy today but next on my list will be my first wheel gun and then a 1911.

Quote Originally Posted by Cestratton View Post
    Oh that itch never leaves me after having to let go of a Kimber TLE Stainless i bought in college back in 2006. I want a Springfield TRP so bad I can taste it. This was totally an impulse buy today but next on my list will be my first wheel gun and then a 1911.
    As I wheel gun nut, I warn you, one leads to many. Go S&W, pre-lock preferred. You get a 686, then a 629, and a 617 to match, which leads to a 610 and a 625. It's bad. Just warning you.

5. Banned
    I won the Performance Center version at a raffle a year or two ago. It feels pretty good in the hand a shoots good too. Still stick with the J-frame in the pocket though.

I have carried a first generation 9mm shield for a couple of years now. I alternate between it, an Airweight .38, and a G19 depending on how I’m dressed.

Been pretty impressed with how the Shield handles and shoots.
    Aaron Campbell
    Barling, AR
    2007 Bass Cat Sabre
    2011 Merc 175 Pro XS

7. Member
    Congratulations, the Shield is a great shooting pistol, very accurate.

8. Member
    I just switched over to a Glock 19 from the Shield. Love the slim profile and lighter weight of the Shield but like the 15 rounds of the Glock. For the price the Shield is a great deal.
    Boatless Bank Trash for now

9. Member
    I have a Shield 2.0 version, no problems at all with it, switch back and forth between it and a Springfield XDS (had to buy it, couldn't resist the FDE color) for every day carry.

10. Member
    I had a shield 2.0 9mm. I gave it to my son when I purchased my SigP365. Love the Sig but I can shoot tighter groups with the Shield. Lots of good carry options on today’s market, can’t go wrong with any of them.

The Shield is probably the best carry gun out there. I've had 4 of them. Reliability is unbeatable but, for me only, I was not accurate with it. Why did I have 4 of them? I kept trying a new one to see if I got better with it. Never did.
    2018 G3 Sportsman 17 90 SHO