another scorpion thread

Anyone ever ran a Solas Scorpion and a Croxton Razor XL? I have a 27p Razor XL currently and want to try a Scorpion. I just need to know what pitch would be equivalent to the Razor so I don't have to order a few props to find the right pitch.

2. Member
    I’m in the same boat as you. I’d like to try one if these but don’t want to have to try more than one to get it right. Running a ranger z520 with 250SS

3. Member
    I am looking at the same thing myself. From what I have read here is that the Razor XL is very similar to the Bravo XS and is not as stiff as the Scorpion. I would imagine based on that you may need to go below 27 to match the rpm you are getting with the 27p Razor XL. I don't know how much though. I am running a 27P Fury 3 now and they are also supposed to run stiff in pitch and I need rpm so I am thinking about going down to a 24 or 25 Scorpion to try on my 250ss. It is a shame though to spend money on something that may not work well.

What do you not like about your Razor XL? That prop was on my list as I think it may carry the load in my boat better than the fury 3 I have now.

eta...After more reading some say the Razor 4XL is stiff as well so I am not sure at this point . Maybe we need a post in the prop section to see if someone has clear info on the Scorpion.
    Last edited by K5Guy; 08-31-2020 at 12:14 PM.

4. Member
    I had a 28 pitch Solas that I got rid of and I'm now running a Razor XL 27. I believe the Solas was stiffer, even accounting for the pitch difference (I suppose the extra blade on the razor makes up for the pitch somewhat). I can get 6000+ rpms easy on my DF200SS whereas I couldn't reach 6000 on the scorpion. I have DF200SS however.

5. Member
    I like the Razor XL. It carries a load well. It handles beautifully. I just would like some of the speed back that I lost. I also think my boat does better without so much stern lift.

6. Member
    How much did you lose? I am leaning toward a razor xl now for overall performance but would like to try the Scorpion. They are pretty inexpensive for a prop but still a lot of money if it doesn’t work out.

7. Member
    I lost 4-5 MPH from my repower. Even when I had my optipop my boat like more bow lift than stern lift

8. Member
    Update on prop, ran a 25p Scorpion and picked up about 400rpm and was able to get 65.6 mph before I let out of it. My best with the fury was 63 mph. Boat has more lift and I can run the jack plate much higher now and maintain lift. I also started with all 3 vents open to the smallest setting and had a much improved holeshot. Scorpion is a definite improvement for my BC210.