How many golf balls do you lose in a round?

My wife bought me a dozen for father's day. Today I bought another dozen. she asked me why I need another dozen. The rough at FT Campbell is unforgiving. Above ankle deep and thick. I almost have to step on the ball to find it. Sometimes I can get a round in without losing a ball but the norm is losing 1 or 2 per round. How about you golfers? Do you usually get around with out losing 1 ball?
    Mike

2. Member
    Played 1 ball for 27 holes the other day, then lost 2 in the pond on the 28 thhole.
    Found a yellow prov1x in the pond , shot 41/36/42 and was 4 over on the 8 th hole of the next round when I lost it in a creek
    we picked up 67 balls out of the waterholes last week

3. Member
    Nope. Usually lose 1 or 2 per round in our very rough rough. Waist high natural foliage (weeds) and timber deep and water on 5 holes. Hard to find if they are more than 6 inches in. Thankfully our rough is only 2-3 inches deep this year as opposed to 4-6 inches in prior years which sucked.

4. Member
    Depends on the course and how i'm hitting the ball, normally I lose 1 or 2 balls a round, i played a course at the beach last year that had water in play on 14 of the 18 holes, i wasn't playing well and sent a dozen to the blarney deep.

5. Member
    Since I had 58 stiches to the ol noggin I tend to add a few more to the fields...although no to bad as I now can't hit the ball as far!! Should I hit the ball to the right it's mostly a mystery...the wife has to be looking as it's no mans land. Feel good if loose three or four. Before the cancer I looked for balls after work so I'm stocked up for a good while...do love getting out with wife...you'd think she would show some mercy....not.

I usually don't lose a ball because I find 4-5 others when I look for mine.
    1996 ProCraft 185 DC Pro, Mercury EFI 150

7. Member
    Found a titleist AVX in the woods 2 months ago. Played with it for 6 weeks straight (9 rounds). Mentioned that fun fact on the first tee last week and promptly hit a ground ball into the highest rough on the course and lost it.

1 or less normally.

9. Member
    0 to 5, depending on how "off" my driver is.

1 or 2 on most courses, Cole park will eat a couple of sleeves every time
    "If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack

Well, that all depends on the driver. If it is acting somewhat normal, I can go an entire round and not loose a ball. Acting all wild, 3 to 4, they all go for a swim.
    What we cannot obtain from intelligence, we can learn from experience.

12. Member
    Three of us played today at FT Campbell. 5 balls were lost between us when we were off the fairway and into the rough, deep deep and thick rough.

I usually lose one or two. Funny, I put my initials on them and have found them a week later after they mowed.

14. Member
    Well Friday, I lost 7 in the rough on shots I would normally consider to be good. I mean 3 or four feet off the fairway. Seems this nice course I played had limited funds for gassing up their mowers. 3 inch bermuda is no joke. Seems they had the course setup for their holiday weekend PGA tour.

Monday, just some bad shots and lost a few. But this course had the equivalent PGA Tour stop pin placements LOL. Tucked in the front or back corners.

Disclaimer - Been playing for 35 years, but have only played 3 rounds since 2018. Getting back into this game and updating my clubs from 2009.

15. Member
    I lost 2 balls Monday. 1 on a good shot, just flew the green and couldn't find it in the rough behind the green. the other I pulled OB. I can be playing good and not lose any and then lose 3 on one particular hole. If I lose less than 3 a round its been a pretty good day. I shot an 85 Monday.

16. Member
    I lost 2 in 2 swings. I hit the first shot into a hazard on the right side of the fairway. I dropped my next ball and hit into the same hazard only 150 yards closer to the hole. That's 2 brand new PROV1X golf balls. The hole before I hit the cart path that left a nice skid mark on the ball so changed it out on the next hole. Good thing I got a social security raise this year so I can afford to buy more golf balls.

17. Member
    There is one particular par 5 on the course I play here in Franklin. Tee shot across the lake then over the lake again. I can lose 2 or 3 balls on it at any time but I managed make a par on it, Monday.