So i see they approved a boat race for the same weekend as the Big Bass Bash!

I just saw where they approved a boat race at Lake of the Ozarks the same weekend as the Fall Big Bass bash. Its a new boat race called Mini-Key-West, wtf are they thinking!

With two days of racing, Offshore At The Ozarks will feature two races for each class on Friday, with finals on Saturday. No official schedule has been published yet, but the regatta permit issued by the Missouri State Highway Patrol extends from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 2, and 12 p.m. – 3 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 3.

Its gonna be a shit show for the Big Bass Bash participants on Saturday afternoon!...

2. Member
    I don't understand it at all! What a slap in the face to the tournament director! Just think of the amount of money 3000 fisherman bring to the lake that weekend and apparently it wasn't enough for LOZ travel and tourism board. Not to mention having a record year of visitors at the lake this year - more than twice of last year. greed is my only answer. It's October! Let the fisherman have their turn! I'm fired up now!

3. Member
    Don't most people winterize their boats by October? I know some don't but once school starts a lot of them are on the lifts until Spring.

4. Member
    Hell around here it's a boat race every weekend with all the hot shots running 85 to the next fishing spot, 3 cast and on to the next spot. So what would be different?

5. Member
    2001 ChampioN 206 Yamaha 225

6. Member
    This was on the Big Bass Bash Facebook page, sounds like they came up with a compromise.

In regards to the powerboat race that water patrol issued a permit to on top of the Big Bass Bash.

We have spoken with Mark Waddington, organizer of the race. He is going to push back the race time on Saturday to start around 3:15-3:30pm, after the Bash has concluded for the day.

The course will be set up and on the lake prior to that, but you will be able to run on plane through that area as normal.

Thank you all for your support and help on this pressing matter. We have always strived to work with all organizations and events that come to the Lake, to help accommodate their schedules as well as ours. Our goal is to run a safe, fun, and family oriented event, that benefits both the anglers and the local community.

7. Member
    I saw this yesterday and wondered how many people will actually go to the boat race this late in the year especially not getting into the water. I hope it doesn’t deter people from fishing the bash.