Thread: New Dow Stocks

New Dow Stocks

Amgen, Honeywell and Salesforce are being added to Dow.

2. Member
    Interesting

3. Member
    I’m holding XOM and PFE. Anyone still holding them, or is it time to move on?

4. Member
    I just got a couple of small positions of XOM the last few days and will continue at current prices. Hope the dividend holds but will be long either way.

5. Member
    I’ve been holding PFE for awhile. I have Amgen also. Going to keep holding both of them for the dividend.

6. Member
    I have had XOM for years, but the decline in price has gone beyond the dividend return that I have accumulated.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassin08 View Post
    I’m holding XOM and PFE. Anyone still holding them, or is it time to move on?
    I think you make the decision to hold or sell Exxon and Pfizer on the their fundamentals, not whether they are a Dow component or not.

I have been holding inherited shares of Marathon Oil and Marathon Petroleum for many years. My plan is to hold until oil prices increase and then decide to continue holding or sell. In a strong economy, not sure how much oil consumption will decline? Have we truly seen the peak of fossil fuel consumption? Or, is this a low-point due to the pandemic.

Good thing about Exxon, is they produce large quantities of plastic polymers. Can they increase revenues, by redefining themselves in the next 10-20 years?

8. Member
    I’m holding tptw and yrcw. Both are worth a good look

9. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    I don't think XOM has much of a future. They will always be known as big oil, and the consequences of oil. ESG investing (Environmental, Social and Governance) will only become more influential and there is no place for big oil in the future.

Now if they change their name and make some technological breakthroughs in renewable energy, then maybe.
    Thanos was the hero

10. Member
    ya'll know there are much better dividend stocks out there right, gecc, crf, oxlc, they pay monthly, you wanna buy right after the ex dividend date thats when it will have its lowest entry point then it will slowy crawl back up and rinse and repeat each month

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gobbler336 View Post
    ya'll know there are much better dividend stocks out there right, gecc, crf, oxlc, they pay monthly, you wanna buy right after the ex dividend date thats when it will have its lowest entry point then it will slowy crawl back up and rinse and repeat each month
    Those look good as long as nothing too sporadic happens with the price. It makes sense thought that they move like you said.