power pole problem

I have an intermittent problem with one pump wnet down would not go back up.I turned master power switch off then back on and it worked the first couple of times after that it took longer time un powered to get to go and the last time I dropped at home to try to figure out and after leaving off for 30 min or more I remove top and reinstalled then it decided to work.When it is repowered it flashes green inconstantly for a bit then flashes red and I know that is supposed to be a low voltage deal but my master switch has one wire going to the battery on the hot side and the other pole works flawlessly.These are 8" blades about 4 years old and not the new style.

2. BBC SPONSOR
    What are you using for a master power switch?

when the pump cap flashes red check voltage coming out of the switch and at the board

could be a sign that the board is failing but I would do the above as well

3. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quickly swap boards from pump to pump see if issue goes to the other pump, this will tell you its indeed that board..

4. Member
    finally got a hold of power pole they are sending me a board and a top cap thanks for the replies

5. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by WMLU View Post
    finally got a hold of power pole they are sending me a board and a top cap thanks for the replies

6. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by WMLU View Post
    Happy to hear

Going back to my question regarding your switch source...

If you are running the dual poles through a Master on/off battery switch your good to go.

If your running both poles through a different style switch or thermal breaker you should make sure the switch source is rated to carry the load of BOTH poles. If not you will end up eventually having issues again.

7. Member
    The master is a perko on off battery switch that the only hing on it is the poles

8. Member
    Also make sure fluid levels are correct. When I did my install I over filled my starboard pump after the initial bleeding was done and didn't want to work as it had no way to vent. Pulled some fluid back out and it works flawlessly.